Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im thinking about buying a 5150 now(I or II), but i was wandering if anyone here could give me a idea how it sounds? Is it good for getting eddie's old tone? And is it good for 80s style lead tones?(ratt, dokken, warrant,whitelion,etc)

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
i have a 5150II and i love the power .. i can coax a good clean sound out of it .. but i've found i can't really get a really good lead tone out of it ... i play mostly lighter distorted type leads though .. it's awesome for chugging on rhythm .. crank it up and foom ! right in your face it's unbelievable ... i go straight into the amp no effects .. theres no reverb on the amp which sometimes got to me ...

my advice is check out a bootleg from the VHIII tour especially the really good quality hershey show .. to me that is a pretty accurate representation of what the 5150II can do cranked up and played

hope that helps and doesn't confuse you more !

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I had one for awhile. I think if you listen to "It's about time" that is dead on 5150II raw tone with no tricks of any kind.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have one of the original block logo 5150 heads and all i can say about it is this: :rock: :devilchil :jam: IT ROCKS!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.