Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a "Peavey Basic® 112 1x12 75W Bass Combo Amp" for playing guitar through.

I have always preferred bass amps over guitar amps for great low end, clean warm tone, sustain and they just bring out those awesome harmonic overtones much brighter than a standard guitar amp.

I tried this Peavey tonite and it was just friggn loud for such a little sucker and sounded great. It also has the option to add another cab which is great.

I have never used Peavey amps, however.

Does anyone know how reliable they are?

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! Thanks guys...looks like I'll pick that bad boy up tomorrow. I'll need something for gigging in the fall and it should work out nicely for small venues.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have to admit...I've never really liked the sound of Peavey amps, guitar or bass. But one thing I have learned for sure, if Peavey is good for anything it is GREAT for reliability and durability. I have seen and heard many more stories about people dropping their Peavey amps down entire staircases or off balconies or spilling the larger portion of a keg on them, and they still work PERFECTLY!!! I even heard about a guy who got in a really bad car accident with all his gear in it and the peavey amp crushed all the gear it was near in the wreck and was virtual unscathed. Enjoy it for all its worth!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I have owned 3 Peavey amps. The 2 solid state ones were rocks...never any problems...and they took a lot of abuse and traveled all the time.

I left my 5150II on in a really small closet for a week (got really hot) and it blew a power tube which took out a screen resistor. I fixed it, but only becasue I had a schematic and know what I am doing.

All in all they are about the most reliable amps out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.