Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Ive only had this amp a few weeks, still figuring it out, but really enjoying it! A couple of things to keep in mind if you watch this video:
- I set most of the dials fairly neutral, although I accidently left the treble up a bit on the crunch and ultra channels - coupled with the video camera's poor sound, wooden floorboards and open back combo poistion in the room - it sounds a little high in treble to my ears. The JSX is not a dark sounding amp like an uberschall but it sounds much more ballsy with the bass/res/pres tweaked (and also at higher volumes!).
- I stomp on a few effects but its mostly raw amp: EVH phase90, Boss MT2 (bit fizzy, might get that thing modded or sell it) and Cry Baby from Hell wah.

Sounds great with a good OD pedal.

The amp also works really well with my podxtl with some tweaking! Anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa65ElHwkmo

·
Registered
271 Posts
After seeing this you made me want to go and buy the amp!
I'm wondering how much volume do you need to add for getting that sweet juicy tone you having? I've always stayed away from tube amps because of the volume issue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man I love your guitars dude:)

And that amp kicks but now its all abought just messing around with the dials to get that eq worked out which it was just a smigin are a hair trebly all that could be fixed easly with a quick turn of the nob.

But that tone sounded full and warm and vary easy to listen too I actully liked that room sound abiance that looks like the total jam room for recording Paul.Big sound high volums and lots of air space for room ambiance.

And your chops were killer too dude I rember watching Eddie Van Hallen doing some slow malodic chords live when I saw theem a few years back and the tune and chords sounded so laid back the first thing that came to mind was he wrote that tune probly just kicking back in his room like you are and just zoning out plying some music and boom a master peice was wrighten Hahah.

:)

Thanks for the post dude.:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts