Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked one up last week. I've got to say it's by far the best modeling amp ever created. I have a Peavey 5150 and also a EVH 5150 III. The Vypyr has a 6505 model that comes damn near close to the original Peavey head. There's an amazing Marshall Plexi that puts the Line 6 thing to shame.. Other amps included are the Peavey XXX, JSX, Classic, Mesa Rec, Fender Twins, Deluxe and a bunch of others. It's also has a gang of stomp boxes and rack effects. The Tube Screamer sounds just like it.. There have been some reports of people's amp crapping out or not booting up correctly. I guess I got lucky cause mine has been fine so far.. The reps at the Peavey site have stated they will make sure everyone is 100% satisfied no matter what. They are encouraging people to call their customer service if any issues arise. Anyway, it's the best bang for your buck period in a combo amp.. I A/B'd all of my sound samples with the real amps from various websites.. The Vypyr nails every amp!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I went with the 15 watt version, and I completely agree. Nothing Line 6 puts out can touch the sounds from this amp. My version has only the rack effects (and the TS :), not the stompboxes, but I'm not really into things like ring modulators, and have no use for the volume the bigger ones put out... And they do. These mothers are LOUD. When they say that this amp goes to 13, it's not just a number on the dial...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.