Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Re: Peavey Wolfgang Very Rare Black & Yellow

[ QUOTE ]
Mike5150 said:
Man that is sweet but I can't see paying $1500 for a special even with that paint job.

[/ QUOTE ]
How much does a Special go for?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

They were going locally here in Illinois for about $999.00 up to list. if you were ummmmmmm easy enough to spend that much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for viewing the post. Eddie and Peavey have parted ways and the Wofgang is now discontinued. Also coming out is the overall number of Wolfgangs produced is very low. Throw in the conditon and Black & Yellow paint job and you have a very rare collectable guitar

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

Even with Ed and Hartley parting ways. The sheer volume of wolfgangs produced hinder the collectibilty to some degree.
The unique paint job does help to a certain group... but since its aftermarket, it actually devalues the guitar to most. Had it been a Wolfgang Custom Shop authentic paint job then it would tremendously increase the value to an EVH collector. As it stands , its actual value is about the same as Standard EVH Wolfgang special. Its a bit early to speculate or capitalize on the EVH/PV split.
VGB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Take this into consideration - Ed being one of the greatest guitar players of all time, Best of Both Worlds released, new album on the horizon, Ed will be heading to that great big concert in the sky soon. I see all Wolfgangs going up in value. A lot less Musicmans were produced and look at their price.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

I did. And they will go up some. But I wouldnt expect leaps and bounds too soon. They are pretty much a specialty guitar made for a certain group of players. Ed endorsed Kramers and since their demise they are still below orignal list for the most part but still a very slow comeback as far as value.
Besides.. its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
VGB

·
Banned
7,011 Posts

Gentlemen, please refrain from this discussion in this forum. This is a place where people Buy and Sell, nothing more.

As stated, it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and Tren said "OBO", so please let's not kill this guys sale. Feel free to take the discussion into the Guitar Rack

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Thank you EJ, must have missed this one this morning. Guys let's please try not to kill this guys sale, and as EJ pointed out you guys can carry this into the Guitar Rack. This room is for Buy and Sell listings/ads only.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Sweet lookin axe by the way, but too rich for my blood. I have a Charvel painted the same way and I always get compliments on it. Good luck finding a buyer

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Are you behing a smart ass??? Do we have to thrash you??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts