Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

heres another jazz standard i like to play eveyr now and then .. it's pretty damn fast so i did my best to try and keep up ! .. i just put down my first take and was relatively happy with it so i left it be.. i chopped off a couple of chorus' so it wasn't so long (also they sucked
) i'd love to hear some feedback so let me know !

Stig

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
It's very groovy stuff Stig!!! Very clean and fluid..you played through the changes very well!! There is a cable channel in the U.S. called "The Weather Channel" I sometimes tune in to just to catch the Jazz music on it...(and to see my local weather as well)...this would fit right in there...Great stuff!!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
3fingers said:
It's very groovy stuff Stig!!! Very clean and fluid..you played through the changes very well!! There is a cable channel in the U.S. called "The Weather Channel" I sometimes tune in to just to catch the Jazz music on it...(and to see my local weather as well)...this would fit right in there...Great stuff!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats hilarious! I do the same thing!!! "and now your local on the eights, here is your Doppler radar" -and then the jazz kicks in, usually some guy ripping away at the guitar.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Tht was great Stig, great playing, outstanding job!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
The weather channel rocks out the jazz...This was very jazzy Stig...i enjoyed it!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thankyou so much guys you have no idea how much i appreciate it ... i worked my ass off trying to get this kinda style down so i'm glad people enjoy it

definately going to try and post some more asap !

[ QUOTE ]
3fingers said:

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks 3fingers you know i do the same thing as well ! .. the weather channel over here has some cool tunes sometimes too .. great muzak indeed !

[ QUOTE ]
CanyonCarver said:
Man, this is nice touch and tone if you know what I mean.
You can say a whole bunch, with your hands only, and a very warn but clean tone and next-to-no sustain.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks CC ! .. thats a really great compliment thankyou so much
.. it's funny i was going basically insane trying to get some sustain on the thing i plugged into the pod and i had like none ! .. but it turned out better sounding than i expected so all was well !

again thanks guys so much

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
man this was a nice change of pace...this song really shows your talent..sounded gr8

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Worth many listens and comments Stigler!!!

I went to see Diana Krall this summer up in Tanglewood and she had this guitarist named Anthony Wilson. He played this style of guitar and the guy kicked ass. I'm just about ready to drop the whole rock thing and go head long into this style of playing. It is more expressive, swanky and difficult than most guitar styles. -plus I would look like a fool when I'm 55 doing Eddy riffs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts