Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A cover of Blue Powder from Vai's Passion & Warfare album.
Thanks to Phil for helping me on this one and contributing some amazing guitar playing........... Cheers Phil

Sadge - 0.00 - 0.37
Phil - 0.38 - 1.57
Sadge - 1.58 - 3.33
Phil - 3.34 - End

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
hell fucking yeah you guys . all hail the north east of englands finest ;) .. but seriously .. both spectacular here .. well fucking done fellaz . :rock: .... god i love Vai :sap::dance:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
wow!~
this is really GREAT stuff!!!!
i love the emotions conveyed in this beautiful cover... great collab~!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
what can i say ...

awesome stuff from both of you ... this is one of my favourite vai songs for sure :thumb:

that middle clean section is awesome sadge great tone there ..

and phil mate you had those harmonys DOWN ! .. not an easy thing to really nail .. great stuff

·
Registered
886 Posts
thanks for the comments people. It was indeed a pretty hard song to do and I thank Sadge for doing the hardest parts. He also done the editing and mixing which is incredible. How you managed to put them drum parts in at the end after everything was recorded is very clever. Well done mate.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Whooo You guys tore this up!!!!...This was amazing...the feel...the tone...man just great stuff!!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

P.S...Philly that avatar trips me out everytime i see it...:p ..lol

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Really great guitar work on this. This whole production just blows me away! Absolutely inspiring.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa guys, awesome job!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your comments!
I really enjoyed tackling this one and I'm sure Phil enjoyed the challenge too. :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
fucking ACE!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sadge said:
Thanks for all your comments!
I really enjoyed tackling this one and I'm sure Phil enjoyed the challenge too. :thumb:
I certainly did Sadge. It was a pleasure doing this with you. You are one hell of a player.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts