Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Verga

Votes: 9 56.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I decided to go with the Vai-meister on this one.

Can't wait to hear what you are going to do. I'm going to bed now so hopefully hear it in the morning.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
come on Phil .. uploading the real deal Vai himself is just cheating . go away and make it yourself . then come back and post it up :) lol insanely good job man ... sheesh .. good luck verga :lol:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Where's verga? I'm with DB on this one...uploading clips of Vai is not right man! LOL That was hot Phil.....smokin!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That was a killer cover as always.... your tone is incredible, your technique scares to death and.....well, you know, your 100% a [email protected] guitarist!! The monster to beat on this forum along with Chris Wahwah-Watson.

For the Love of God. I dont have any other Vai cover recorded here on my laptop (...just the "Eugene´s trick bag" cover i used for a battle....wich i lost) but i think this one is not that bad. Good luck Phil. Im glad we could battle once more after that killer duel we had :thumb:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys. I was glad when you read you had lost 'Eugene's Trick Bag' as I thought I bet he puts that up against mine and i'll have no chance. Then when I listen to FTLOG I nearly crapped myself. One of the most sincere versions i've heard of this song. You can feel the emotion in your version and i've heard a lot of covers of this song. You nailed it mate.:thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I have to go with Verga on this one. seriously beautiful and incredible playing. I actually sounds like it was done mostly in one take as well. Very impressive. great job on Liberty Phil - it would get my vote normally but you are up against Steve Verga :)

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
how anyone is supposed to be able to decide here is beyond me ... 2 stunning covers ... both spot on ... simply on the basis that i have heard hundreds of FTLOG covers im gonna go with Phil . verga . yours is definately one of the best and most accurate and emotional covers of FTLOG ive ever heard . but it seems everyone covers that tune , so its cool to hear someone do something else for a change .

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ive heard the Verga´s FTLOG cover before. Nothing less than amazing.
Hey Phil28UK, that is a great cover with a great tone.
Danny, isnt it "Liberty" a cover everyone also plays?

Verga have my vote.

·
Registered
183 Posts
verga just killed here for me,amaizing clear and precice performance :thumb:

An unload of talent here anyway.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
God, these are two 100% renditions of Vai stuff. Both might be overdone but you don't hear them this close...I'm not really up on Vai or his technique so I always find this stuff really challenging to play and a joy to listen to when its done so well.

Phil, your tone and production are spot-on!
Verga, your tone and production are spot-on!

Now what to do!? :wutblau:

Not even a hair splits it! Top notch from two of the best players on the site...
:bowdown:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done Verga, it was a deserved win and it's always a pleasure battling you.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thank you Phil!! Its an honor to have a battle with you. Its weird , but i dont feel like i deserved to win.... Anytime you want a new battle ask me monster. :thumb:

Thanks everybody!!! Your words are the best motivation i could ever ask for :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts