1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FIXED LINK.. now.."Something New"

Thats the title...."Something New"

Sorry for the 28 seconds only. I fixed it so please give it a listen. Thanks

This song has a definite Pink Floyd feel and I am sure you will have a few other categories for it but I am proud of this song for what its worth, It was written tracked and ready for vox in less than 3 hrs. the chord sequence was one I heard on the net and went from there...now Thats what I call workflow.

Something New

mark

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice chord progression...
the vocals are really nice too but theres a big hiss in the sound.. but nvm no big deal.. nice job!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I only got 23 seconds of it to play for some reason. but there is definately a good tune in there. great vocals by the way :thumb:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ya, need more. 23 seconds isnt enuff to tell. Good mixing, production had some time in it. Just couldnt get an idea where it was going being so short.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I liked it too. Very AOR. I could see this being played on the radio. Great job!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...hey are you guys getting the entire song? I was having touble with my DSL so I was just wondering if it was ok....I will check my server.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
got the whole song ;)
this is cool, got a dave mustain meets brian adams type sounding voice and vibe going with this song, sounds cool!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Kinda reminded me of Grave Digger at first.. then kinda slipped into a bit of Floyd tone... this is just an excellent song and I agree.. I would play it on my radio show. Talk to me...

Oh... and in case you didn't read my reply to your post in Going To California, I agree, I was holding back. My rig isn't professional and when I try for the more dynamic I get really bad peaks, no matter what I have tried. So.. good call. And... I'm a woman...
:dance:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LaceGuitarPlayer,
And... I'm a woman
Yes I can certainly see that! I sure have a difficult time hearing this fact I am sadly afraid. As I listened back the second time, (after being alerted to this gender mishap) iI can assure you I felt like a dolt. It is an indication I was not paying close enough attention to speak of this rendition much less critique it. I do however stand by my assesment and am pleased to see you see this possibility as well. Points to you.
I hope you will forgive my oversight. Thanks for the very kind review and if you have a radio show and my tune works in it somewhere consider this my official YES Please....
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is good stuff, bro!!! Exlnt vocals and guitar work as well as comp and production!!
Thanks friend......I am glad you liked it. It was hot today eh? I sat out at the pool all morning and most of the afternoon.....tough life in Las Vegas isnt it?
Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts