Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 8 hole pickguard HSH for my 57 strat.Can i use a 11 hole one and just not bother with the other few screws or would it turn out to be too loose.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'm looking at both my strats and in one there are only four out of eleven screws and the other has six, I did not even notice until I read this post. You should order a new pick guard from Warmoth in Seattle. They give you the option of eight drilled holes or eleven. You can also get the single ply instead of the beveled layered style guard. If that really is a 57 you have there you should never put a 11 hole pick guard on there much less drill any new holes in that beauty!:icon_thum

·
Registered
733 Posts
you could always get a few more self-tapping screws and make some new holes... :devilchil

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i saw that site.Anyway i think i might reconsider my pickups.I might get some active pickups,i didnt like the lace sensors.I cant order that stuff(custom pickguards)sadly cause i live in ireland.I get my brother to ship me back pickups see :icon_redf things cost WAY to much money over here.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Do everything by mail! Seattle is three thousand miles from New Jersey where I live and I have had no problem with shipping. What happened to the original pickguard on your guitar? Yeah, lace sensors are not that great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ireland is in europe and a lot of places dont ship outside of america for there price(its a deal with the suppliers).My old pickguard is grand i just wanted to fit a humbucker but i think i might try out the emg-S single coils.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts