Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've been talking about my pickup problems on this board a lot, and I'm sorry if I'm being a pest. But it's just that everyone on here seems real helpful, so I figure this is the best place to ask.

I'm having trouble installing a JB Jr. in my Fender Jaguar. The way I have it wired is that the red and white wires are both soldered to the bridge pickup on/off switch. And I have the green wire and that one bare wire (it's a four conductor) soldered to a ground point on the guitar. There's also a black wire that's just there.

Does this sound right? I plugged it into my amp, without putting it back together, and I was getting a very loud hum, louder then normal, unless I touched one of the chrome parts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I've got things pretty figured out. I've got it connected and it sounds right. I think. Either the stock Jag pickups are REALLY hot, a lot hotter then I thought, or I still don't have it setup right, but the stock neck pup is a lot louder.

It could be all psychological. You know, size matters and all that :icon_roll

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I've got things all fixed up now. I soldered the red and white together and put soldered them to the on/off switch. Then I soldered the green and bare to the ground point and left the black wire un-soldered. I tried it and it sounds decent. I think I did it right, not 100% sure.

I tried soldering the black wire to the on/off switch and just soldering the red and white wires together and leaving them unconnected to anything else and it sound like ca-ca. I'll probably take it to a pro and have him look it over.

Merry Christmas/Chanuka/Kwanza/Festivus!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.