Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new (old stock) OLP MM1FR model off Fleabay. It is a tobacco burst with a black (licensed by) Floyd Rose tremolo. Its a really nice guitar (especially for what I paid for it...but I'm confused about something.

I know the design of the OLP MM1 (and MM1FR) was based on the EBMM EVH (later becoming the "Axis" model), and usually these guitars have the words "Headstock Design Trademark Licensed By Ernie Ball Inc." printed on the back of the headstock. THIS guitar is clearly an MM1 model, yet the back of the headstock reads "Design Officially Licensed By Orange County Choppers"??

OLP made a completely different model for Orange County Choppers (the "OCC1" - a super strat body with flames), and it read the same license info on the back of the headstock as this one...however, the OCC1 also had the OCC motorcycle logo at the top of the headstock, and used a 3+3 tuning peg configuration (rather than a 4+2 like the MM1).

My question is...did OLP truly license an MM1 to OCC. or did a batch of MM1's get mis-printed with the wrong licensing info on the headstock? I say a "batch" because this is not the first one I've seen like this.

Unfortunately OLP has been defunct since 2009 and I cannot ask them...so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK...figured out where the guitar came from, now I need additional assistance.

Anyone know the exact measurement on the neck of the OLP MM1 guitar? I know its a copy of the EBMM Axis, but wasn't sure if it had the exact same neck size/radius. I want to replace the Floyd tremolo and need to know which nut to order, but I dont know how to measure the neck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.