Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Pink Floyd - 1982-05-01 - Tout Peut Arriver, FR - Marbel-Neonknight - 24bit

Tags
pink floyd
738 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Scottie_62 
#1 ·
Pink Floyd 1982-05-01 Europe 1 Radio Studios, Marbal low gen (24bit/96kHz)

Pink Floyd
Radio libre aux Pink Floyd, Europe 1 Radio
1 May 1982

Notable for Work from:

ThŽ‰tre des Champs ElysŽes, Champs ElysŽe, Paris, France
Europe 1 Radio recording
23rd January 1970

Lineage: Low gen Maxell Epitaxial XLII 90 cassette (1984) > *Technics RS-B965-M > Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 > Reaper v4.61 and iZotope RX4 > FLAC (24bit/96kHz)

xACT used to create MD5
*The Technics RS-B965-M is a modified deck - for details see the Tapeheads.net forum

01 Pink Floyd 1982-05-01 Europe 1 Radio Studios
02 Work (1970-01-23)

Raw recording total running time: 1 hour 27 mins 54 secs

You may have my 1st gen transfer in your collection. This marbal version starts earlier and sounds better.

The tape was recorded with Dolby B on and I left it off for the transfer. The right channel is slightly stronger throughout.

Radio libre aux Pink FLoyd is best known for rebroadcasting Work from the Europe 1 radio recording of ThŽ‰tre des Champs ElysŽes, Paris, France, 23 January 1970.

Included in the folder are:

• A raw transfer of the whole programme so you can listen to the interviews (track 1)
  • A speed corrected version of Work (track 2)
  • A broadcast transcript (I'm sorry I don't have a note of who originally wrote this).

The host, Franois Jouffa, plays Set The Controls giving the impression that it is from the June 1971 radio recording but it is from Ummagumma. Money is introduced as being from Paris '74 but it is note for note the BBC 1974 recording.

A speed correction of +1.33% on Work put the vibraphone parts into standard tuning, and because a vibraphone doesn't depend on electricity to tune, it's a good and reliable reference. My thanks to goldenband for his advice on the speed correction and spotting the red herrings with the other recordings.

Neonknight tape transfer / Marbal cassette, July 2016

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.