Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This is great!!!...I love your version of it!..The keys are great..and your vox so fits this..;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
cormack said:
i might not be doing it exactly like floyd, but here it is
Are you playing piano on this?? The intro guitar on the recorded version is an accoustic strung with GBEGBE (the bottom three string on the top and bottom.)

Good recording :D

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
trey85stang said:
Are you playing piano on this?? The intro guitar on the recorded version is an accoustic strung with GBEGBE (the bottom three string on the top and bottom.)

Good recording :D
I always thought Gilmour used Nashville tuning, which is standard tuning, but the low E,A, and D strings are replaced by thinner strings and tuned up an octave or two.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive no idea what tuning he uses.. yeah i play the piano thanks for listening

·
Registered
574 Posts
I love Pink Floyd and The Wall ROCKS... great job on this!!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey that sounded really groovy!! Awesome job!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumb:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Well, this is definitely interesting/unique in approach. Because of that, overall, I liked it. It kind of had a theater element maybe due to the piano, kind of like this would be the way it might sound were it part of an off-Broadway musical performance of The Wall. Post more piano tunes if you've got them, please. :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
really sorry dude i didnt have the original bt: i made it with a single piano and sang and played guitar over it.... ill do it again in a while ok?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts