Label: Sirene-066

Source: Audience

Total Time: 2:29:58

Set 1 - Animals (56:04)

101. Sheep (11:30)
102. Pigs On The Wing (Part 1) (2:09)
103. Dogs (18:27)
104. Pigs On The Wing (Part 2) (4:22)
105. Pigs (Three Different Ones) (19:36)

Set 2 - Wish You Were Here (57:07)

201. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5) (13:22)
202. Welcome To The Machine (8:14)
203. Have A Cigar (5:32)
204. Wish You Were Here (6:10)
205. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9) (23:49)

Set 3 - Encores (36:47)

301. Money (11:45)
302. Us And Them (12:01)
303. Blues (13:01)

NB: This Sirene release is actually the raw tape with a better sound quality but still without any editing whatsoever. Compared with "Who Was Trained Not To Spit On The Fan" from Harvested this one has a clearer sound but lacks bass, it doesn't have the "warmth" of the HRV release.

Additional work done on March 31th, 2015
(fade in/out = 5 seconds smooth one)

- I didn't include the white noise from CD1 since it's just that, 35 seconds of white noise separated from Sheep by a cut.
- Sheep now starts with a fade-in.
- After the end of Pigs (3 different ones) I removed the few seconds where a guy (probably the taper) says loudly and clearly in the mic "a...ma...zin...gue" (with a French accent), switching channel per syllable. Stupid and annoying. FYI on the Harvested release of this show it's placed at the beginning of Shine On 1-5 (which is even more annoying, no idea why they kept that).
- Pigs (3 different ones) ends with a fade-out.
- Shine On 1-5 starts with a fade-in.
- I removed 2 cuts in the tape after the end of Shine On 6-9, when the audience is cheering.
- Shine On 6-9 ends with a fade-out.
- Money starts with a fade-in.
- The Blues ends with a fade-out.
- The 3 encores are now mixed.
- No EQ or reverb added, it's the original Sirene audio.

https://mega.co.nz/#!sl5UBILQ!KpUSLSrvSamPYyjDGD_KR745m06x3QB97fomZi925BE

Mirror:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7qzqz3wuymb/PF-Mont770706-Sire.rar

---------------------

There's an interesting report about this show (written by someone who was there) in the booklet of the alternate artwork.

---------------------

Transcript of what happened during this show
(starting at "The Spitting Incident"):

http://www.pink-floyd.org/faq/faq6.html#8

---------------------

(POTW2) "Oh, for fuck's sake. Stop lighting off fireworks and shouting and screaming, I'm trying to sing a song. I mean I don't care... If you don't wanna hear it, you know... Fuck you! I'm sure there's a lot of people here who do want to hear it. So why don't you just be quiet... If you wanna light your fireworks off, go outside and light them off out there. And if you wanna shout and scream and holler go and do it out there but... I'm trying to sing a song that some people want to listen to. I want to listen to it!"

(Pigs 3DO) Last Verse, Roger Shouts 19/61 (the numbers were in all the shows). During the last minute or so of the song Roger shouts the following: "One? Hea!!!!!... Come back PIG!!!!!!... COME BACK!!!... All is forgiven!... Come on boy!... ohh wow (Whistle - As if to call someone to him, like a dog or a kid) Come on son... Just a little hundred yards(??)... Yeaaaaaa!!!!! (Roger makes strange noises ala "Careful With That Axe, Eugene") Oh yeah, come on down when you're told(??)... Thats a good boy. Come on son, good boy, good boy". That's when he spat to the face of a guy who had been making too much noise since the beginning of the show.

The first set ends with Waters announcing "We'll be back in vingt minutes" (French for 20 minutes).

(SOYCD6-9) Because Gilmour was completely lost during the previous instrumental part Roger changes the lyrics to the following : "Nobody knows where WE are, how near or how far" during the chorus ("shine on... you... crazy diamond..."). Gilmour starts laughing and can't do it so Roger has to sing it alone. Then on the last verse of the second suit ("Pile on many more YEARS and I'll be joining you there") it's Roger who has to rush to the end of the song before he starts laughing his ass off...

At the end of this second set a guy is yelling in French "Nous voulons Syd Barrett!", which means "We want Sid Barrett!".

Money is played as an Encore. Roger says "Thank you very much... See you again... maybe". There is more crowd noise. Some people shout "Echoes", another asks for "jouez Set The Controls pour le centre du soleil !!!" (French for "play Set The Controls For The Center of the sun").

Waters : "OK, we're gonna do another tune... Just 'cos there's a few arseholes down the front here... there's no need for everybody to get upset... And we have enjoyed it... We hope you have... As soon as everyone else gets here we'll do one more"... [more crowd noise, assis, asseyez-vous (French for Sit Down)] "This tune is called "Us & Them", It's from "Dark Side Of The Moon"... It's very quiet so let's keep quiet... Try and end this thing peacefully."

Then begins "Us & Them". During the song there is a charming girl who shouts in French "asseyez vous bande de salauds!", which means "Sit down, you bunch of bastards!".

At the end of "Us & Them" Roger says (he sounds apologetic): "Thank You!... Take is Easy!... Don't Worry... about it... I Don't... Well I do (echoes in mike like in "Us & Them") I wish I didn't (echoes again like in "Us & Them")"; lots of loud applause.

The crowd is shouting "assis!" (French for Sit Down!) and then the Floyd comes back... without Gilmour, it's Snowy White alone who plays the guitar during the last encore:
"Okay. Well listen, we can't do anymore of our old songs. So we're just gonna play some music, you know, to go home to, for you. We're not noted as a blues band. And we're just gonna play a slow blues and then everybody can just calm down a bit and everything will all be alright. And thank you again for coming.", says Waters.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pink Floyd - Olympic Stadium, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, July 6, 1977

Title: Roar Ends

Label: Sirene-066

Source: Audience

Total Time: 2:29:58

Set 1 - Animals (56:04)

101. Sheep (11:30)
102. Pigs On The Wing (Part 1) (2:09)
103. Dogs (18:27)
104. Pigs On The Wing (Part 2) (4:22)
105. Pigs (Three Different Ones) (19:36)

Set 2 - Wish You Were Here (57:07)

201. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5) (13:22)
202. Welcome To The Machine (8:14)
203. Have A Cigar (5:32)
204. Wish You Were Here (6:10)
205. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9) (23:49)

Set 3 - Encores (36:47)

301. Money (11:45)
302. Us And Them (12:01)
303. Blues (13:01)

NB: This Sirene release is actually the raw tape with a better sound quality but still without any editing whatsoever. Compared with "Who Was Trained Not To Spit On The Fan" from Harvested this one has a clearer sound but lacks bass, it doesn't have the "warmth" of the HRV release.

Additional work done on March 31th, 2015
(fade in/out = 5 seconds smooth one)

• I didn't include the white noise from CD1 since it's just that, 35 seconds of white noise separated from Sheep by a cut.
  • Sheep now starts with a fade-in.
  • After the end of Pigs (3 different ones) I removed the few seconds where a guy (probably the taper) says loudly and clearly in the mic "a...ma...zin...gue" (with a French accent), switching channel per syllable. Stupid and annoying. FYI on the Harvested release of this show it's placed at the beginning of Shine On 1-5 (which is even more annoying, no idea why they kept that).
  • Pigs (3 different ones) ends with a fade-out.
  • Shine On 1-5 starts with a fade-in.
  • I removed 2 cuts in the tape after the end of Shine On 6-9, when the audience is cheering.
  • Shine On 6-9 ends with a fade-out.
  • Money starts with a fade-in.
  • The Blues ends with a fade-out.
  • The 3 encores are now mixed.
  • No EQ or reverb added, it's the original Sirene audio.

MEGA

Mirror:

FileFactory

---------------------

There's an interesting report about this show (written by someone who was there) in the booklet of the alternate artwork.

---------------------

Transcript of what happened during this show
(starting at "The Spitting Incident"):

Echoes FAQ Ver, 4.0 - 6/10

---------------------

(POTW2) "Oh, for fuck's sake. Stop lighting off fireworks and shouting and screaming, I'm trying to sing a song. I mean I don't care... If you don't wanna hear it, you know... Fuck you! I'm sure there's a lot of people here who do want to hear it. So why don't you just be quiet... If you wanna light your fireworks off, go outside and light them off out there. And if you wanna shout and scream and holler go and do it out there but... I'm trying to sing a song that some people want to listen to. I want to listen to it!"

(Pigs 3DO) Last Verse, Roger Shouts 19/61 (the numbers were in all the shows). During the last minute or so of the song Roger shouts the following: "One? Hea!!!!!... Come back PIG!!!!!!... COME BACK!!!... All is forgiven!... Come on boy!... ohh wow (Whistle - As if to call someone to him, like a dog or a kid) Come on son... Just a little hundred yards(??)... Yeaaaaaa!!!!! (Roger makes strange noises ala "Careful With That Axe, Eugene") Oh yeah, come on down when you're told(??)... Thats a good boy. Come on son, good boy, good boy". That's when he spat to the face of a guy who had been making too much noise since the beginning of the show.

The first set ends with Waters announcing "We'll be back in vingt minutes" (French for 20 minutes).

(SOYCD6-9) Because Gilmour was completely lost during the previous instrumental part Roger changes the lyrics to the following : "Nobody knows where WE are, how near or how far" during the chorus ("shine on... you... crazy diamond..."). Gilmour starts laughing and can't do it so Roger has to sing it alone. Then on the last verse of the second suit ("Pile on many more YEARS and I'll be joining you there") it's Roger who has to rush to the end of the song before he starts laughing his ass off...

At the end of this second set a guy is yelling in French "Nous voulons Syd Barrett!", which means "We want Sid Barrett!".

Money is played as an Encore. Roger says "Thank you very much... See you again... maybe". There is more crowd noise. Some people shout "Echoes", another asks for "jouez Set The Controls pour le centre du soleil !!!" (French for "play Set The Controls For The Center of the sun").

Waters : "OK, we're gonna do another tune... Just 'cos there's a few arseholes down the front here... there's no need for everybody to get upset... And we have enjoyed it... We hope you have... As soon as everyone else gets here we'll do one more"... [more crowd noise, assis, asseyez-vous (French for Sit Down)] "This tune is called "Us & Them", It's from "Dark Side Of The Moon"... It's very quiet so let's keep quiet... Try and end this thing peacefully."

Then begins "Us & Them". During the song there is a charming girl who shouts in French "asseyez vous bande de salauds!", which means "Sit down, you bunch of bastards!".

At the end of "Us & Them" Roger says (he sounds apologetic): "Thank You!... Take is Easy!... Don't Worry... about it... I Don't... Well I do (echoes in mike like in "Us & Them") I wish I didn't (echoes again like in "Us & Them")"; lots of loud applause.

The crowd is shouting "assis!" (French for Sit Down!) and then the Floyd comes back... without Gilmour, it's Snowy White alone who plays the guitar during the last encore:
"Okay. Well listen, we can't do anymore of our old songs. So we're just gonna play some music, you know, to go home to, for you. We're not noted as a blues band. And we're just gonna play a slow blues and then everybody can just calm down a bit and everything will all be alright. And thank you again for coming.", says Waters.
Hi, could you please update the link? Thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
How do you know from the folder that this version is included. If you read the thread that this link was posted in you would know they were CDR rips, with no info files included. There are many versions of this so please don't mark this download on a huge assumption and pass it off as this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
...and so was I trying to help, by pointing out that there is no info file to say which version this is, so if you download it, add to your list and trade it, you are doing a disservice to the community, if for your personal collection fine, just don't list it as this version, you can muddy the waters.

As I suggested, if you had read the original thread where the mega link was posted, you may understand the problem, great link, but it has its drawbacks.

The alternative is to request this version and if anyone would post it. Leto posted this in 2015 and hasn't posted anything since by my reckoning, as the link has been dead for 6 years it is likely that he has deleted his FF account. You would know that if you had been here longer than 5 months.

Instead of taking the attitude of calling me an asshole, sit back, chill, and take it on the chin and reply more reasonably (for example, "if you have it, would you post it, many thanks"), as I have done so recently for another artist/show, you won't gain any points here by calling any other poster an asshole if they also try to help out, whether it be you or anyone else, indeed the opposite would occur.

Which is to say, I could post it here, along with all the other versions I have, but that is now not likely. So congratulations.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Hi guys!
You can try this (link mega is still working)
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
...and so was I trying to help, by pointing out that there is no info file to say which version this is, so if you download it, add to your list and trade it, you are doing a disservice to the community, if for your personal collection fine, just don't list it as this version, you can muddy the waters.

As I suggested, if you had read the original thread where the mega link was posted, you may understand the problem, great link, but it has its drawbacks.

The alternative is to request this version and if anyone would post it. Leto posted this in 2015 and hasn't posted anything since by my reckoning, as the link has been dead for 6 years it is likely that he has deleted his FF account. You would know that if you had been here longer than 5 months.

Instead of taking the attitude of calling me an asshole, sit back, chill, and take it on the chin and reply more reasonably (for example, "if you have it, would you post it, many thanks"), as I have done so recently for another artist/show, you won't gain any points here by calling any other poster an asshole if they also try to help out, whether it be you or anyone else, indeed the opposite would occur.

Which is to say, I could post it here, along with all the other versions I have, but that is now not likely. So congratulations.

Well the guy has now posted not once but TWICE thanking me for my reply......like I said you are a total asshole and you ain't in charge here so don't ever try and tell me what I should and should not do! Most people when they ask for a reup want to hear the gig not specific version number cx55123/a34 where you can hear a guy fart just before track xxx

Go get a life like the rest of us already have and spend LISTENING to music to hear it not to discuss catalogue numbers! Duh!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dear Ginchy,

You missed my point. I said fine for your personal collection and I don't disagree with you about hearing the guy farting and listening to the music etc..

My initial comment was to say that the MEGA link for this date was assumed to be this release, who knows, there are no info files in that link, as the original uploader of the link has tesitified to in that thread.

Many popular shows have been bootlegged many times, with various tweaks, thats why you have 'definitive editions' released. Personally I like to listen to the best one available, unfortunately I don't bin the previous ones, so I like to know which show is which to distinguish them from one another. Indeed many people collect all versions available, which if you have the skills available, you then mix and remaster the various sources, the best then get lifted by the bootleg labels and hey presto you get another definitive version.

You will also find that if you were to trade a show or upload it elsewhere for public consumption then to know which source is which is paramount, if you don't, you end up on a list of bad traders. If you browse the web then you will understand this.

You also need to consider that the majority of shows posted here at G101 and elsewhere have info files which detail the source of the release, if they didn't you wouldn't know what crap you were getting and listening to, why do you think this thread was announced Sirene-066 and why almost all uploads here have details of the source in the announcement.DOH!

If you are able to download from Dime, then a verified source is the Rule. Being a Pink Floyd fan as you are, then if you ever visit Yeeshkul you will also realise it is there as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts