Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit that even though I've never been a "huge" fan of Floyd or The Who other than a few songs by these bands, that I was BLOWN AWAY at how amazing Pink Floyd sounded at Live 8! I was glued to the TV the whole time they were playing and to see them play Comfortably numb (My fav. Floyd tune), was quite a thrill.:icon_thum I unfortunately had no way to record it which sucks!

Daltry and Townsend were great as well. Velvet Revolver was quite a treat to see although Scott's vox were not too impressive. Its a shame VR will be breaking up so soon.

McCartney did nothing to impress me, I've grown tired of those old songs. I've never been much of a Beatles fan anyway.

My local radio station has been playing the live 8 Pink Floyd tunes for a couple of days and its great to hear them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It was truly the most beautiful performance I've ever seen.
I would have never expected Floyd to reunite. Their music is so powerful and moving, but actually seeing it live was extremely moving.
I'm glad to see that non-floyd fans were turned on by it and exposed to the magic that is Pink Floyd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts