Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Rogue concert acoustic electric guitar a few days ago (yes it's Rogue, no I'm not a beginner. Just poor). It actually sound and plays really good. That aside, there is a problem

I don't know if its the intonation (open strings, 12th fret harmonics, and fretted 12th are all very close in pitch), the neck (appears to be straight), or what, but I use my tuner (a fender pedal tuner that is accurate) and get the guitar in standard tuning, but the open D chord is out of tune. The other chords all ring out fine. I;m not sure why this would happen. I retune slightly so the open D chord will ring in proper pitch, then the open E chord is out of tune, and the other chords are in good to perfect pitch.

I'm considering returning it for a new one, but does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I sanded the saddle and nut, and adjustedthe truss rod, and it is still a problem. It did help slightly the sand the two, but not enough to where the problem is gone. Other than exchanging for a new one, is there a way to fix this? I've never seen a guitar do this in the 6 years I've been playing
Thanks for any help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts