Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah barocque in some way.
Way cool and nicely different, thanks for posting.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I really love your playing. you have a very agressive, almost heavy handed approach but you get really authentic sounds. this one is no exception and it is pure quality. I really love your slide playing too. We need acoustic slide!! :lol:!!! more !!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was soo cool PJ, killa job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Nice demo of your new acquisition. I think it's the drone strings that give this instrument a sound that is similar to the oriental music and other types of folk music. It will be fun to see how you incorporate into your musical ventures.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Goport said:
I really love your playing. you have a very agressive, almost heavy handed approach but you get really authentic sounds. this one is no exception and it is pure quality. I really love your slide playing too. We need acoustic slide!! :lol:!!! more !!!
That was really nice of you to say Goport. Than you so much.

What do you mean by "heavy handed approach"?

I haven't played guitar for almost 2 weeks - I was starting to go through withdrawls! I thought I was just going to bring a load down to Atlanta from Minneapolis in my semi-truck. But my dispatchers couldn't find me a load comming back to Minneapolis - the only one they could find was a load going out to LA - so I took it. I really should have brought my guitar with, but I didn't. One of the first things I did when I got back home Friday night was to play guitar!

I guess I always have played different types of styles of guitar ever since I was young. Don't know why either - I guess all these types of music are in my soul - and they need to come out.

This Dulcimer song here - these are lines I have been playing since I was young, like 10 years old or so. I don't know where they came from, but they are burned into my soul. The same with the Spanish Classical Guitar music I play - I'm not trying to sound like a big shot here - but it comes real easy and natural for me to play with little or no effort. I have often wondered why that is.

Thanks again Goport - I wish you lived in my neighborhood because I get the feeling we could call each other friend. Just remember - if you ever make it to America - you always have a place to stay here in my Condo - no charge!

As far as more acoustic slide guitar - I haven't had the time to come up with anything new since I have been so damn busy with my job. I could upload my Delta Slide Guitar Song if you wish, but you may have heard it already.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CanyonCarver said:
Cool!
I feel a Zep-inspired tune coming down the pipes from you.
I dig it! :thumb:
Thanks much Canyon Carver!

I was thinking the same thing - I just need to incorperate into a song. I'm obviously not using Standard Dulcimer tuning here - I think Standard Dulcimer tuning is boring. So I tuned it to an Open D type chord.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ksdb said:
Nice demo of your new acquisition. I think it's the drone strings that give this instrument a sound that is similar to the oriental music and other types of folk music. It will be fun to see how you incorporate into your musical ventures.
You nailed it Ksdb - it is the 2 drone strings that give it that sort of ring. When I first got the Dulcimer, I didn't have it tuned this way. I had the 2 drone strings tuned to different notes - and it just didn't sound right to me. So I tuned them to the same note (As they should have been) and the instrument came alive!

I believe the Dulcimer is a Bluegrass invention - from Hillbilly country in southern America.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
GuitarPlayingPJ said:
That was really nice of you to say Goport. Than you so much.

What do you mean by "heavy handed approach"?

I haven't played guitar for almost 2 weeks - I was starting to go through withdrawls! I thought I was just going to bring a load down to Atlanta from Minneapolis in my semi-truck. But my dispatchers couldn't find me a load comming back to Minneapolis - the only one they could find was a load going out to LA - so I took it. I really should have brought my guitar with, but I didn't. One of the first things I did when I got back home Friday night was to play guitar!

I guess I always have played different types of styles of guitar ever since I was young. Don't know why either - I guess all these types of music are in my soul - and they need to come out.

This Dulcimer song here - these are lines I have been playing since I was young, like 10 years old or so. I don't know where they came from, but they are burned into my soul. The same with the Spanish Classical Guitar music I play - I'm not trying to sound like a big shot here - but it comes real easy and natural for me to play with little or no effort. I have often wondered why that is.

Thanks again Goport - I wish you lived in my neighborhood because I get the feeling we could call each other friend. Just remember - if you ever make it to America - you always have a place to stay here in my Condo - no charge!

As far as more acoustic slide guitar - I haven't had the time to come up with anything new since I have been so damn busy with my job. I could upload my Delta Slide Guitar Song if you wish, but you may have heard it already.
I have the delta slide one on my hhd :) What I meant is you have an agressive attack. as in strong picking - it makes a change and it is refreshing to hear. And yeah I think we could be friends.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Goport said:
I have the delta slide one on my hhd :) What I meant is you have an agressive attack. as in strong picking - it makes a change and it is refreshing to hear. And yeah I think we could be friends.
Damn! I need to make a new Slide Guitar song..

I see what your saying Goport. Thanks much!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts