Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently took out all hardware exept for the pickups cause i wanted to give my guitar a paintjob.. Anyways, i didnt cause i changed my mind so i wanted to put those covers/frames back on the pickups.
But the pickup that usually is lifted, is now down in the bottom of the hole for the pickup and its moving around as if its not set in right or something.
Kind of hard to explain but try looking at the photos i posted.
They kind of fall out.
It might have something to do with that 2 screws in the middles of the frames. They are screwed down in some springs. Im not quite sure on how to screw them in, cause when i screw its is just like screwing a screw into the air.
Have a look:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
It sounds like the holes might be stripped of their threads. In that case, the only thing that can be done is to get new rings around the pickups.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They're not stripped. Your screws arent in the pickup holes yet. You have to screw them in before attaching the pickup to the body. It sounds like you screwed the rings to the body before starting the pickup screws. I hope you figured this out by now, but the real problem is raising your pickups up to the right height. You can get the specs online, and buy a ruler that goes down to 1/132" (cheap at a hardware store) or take it to a luthier. You can do it by ear, but it wont be as good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts