Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbobit never works for me and rapidgator has gone to shit, and I've got a new computer so no probs on my end, just needing a host with the most.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Yeah, it's unbelievable how much faster Mediafire and Zippyshare are compared to the other services. You can literally download a file in a couple of minutes or even seconds whereas you have to wait for an hour or more with Turbobit, Rapdigator, Filefactory, etc.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I only use Mediafire,Mega and 4shared. If people start using other hosts maybe Filefactory,Rapid,Turbo will get the finger out and actually use some of that bandwidth.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mediafire sometimes deletes stuff due to copyright, but it works perfectly fine as long as uploaders encode rar files with passwords.

Mega doesn't need passwords.

So, here we have two servers which would make everything easier for everybody.

Uploaders use host services such as filefactory, rapidgator, and so on beacause they are premium users and as premium users, they obtain rewards and points and that stuff (even cash) for every download.

That's why Asso and people just won't change their minds.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I recently switched to Mediafire, and don't need to use a password when uploading. The one that irks me is 4shared, where u can only get the links if associated with social media sites.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
How easy and cheap is it to use Mediafire? I have/had a Rapidshare account and it was free to use, at least the basic service.

·
Registered
918 Posts
While I agree that rapidgator and turbobit are unreiable- that's the way it goes- those uploaders (tinajazz and locorweb come to mind) are posting amazing stuff- and you're getting it for free - so you shouldnt complain. You can kindly suggest- but ultimately you;re not going to change their mind on which upload platform to use. If there' s a monetary motivation behind them uploading on those servers then, more power to them. Remember, YOU are getting the show for free- you should be grateful (and I'm betttng you are).

Someone mentioned their servers improving or getting faster- they intentionally slow the download for free users so that you;ll buy their Premium account. Same with the captchas and the wait-times- it's all meant to annoyyou enough to spring for the premium accounts. They're there to make money- not provide free service for anyone. Anyone bitching can think about working for someone and not getting paid...I doubt you'd do that.

The price you the FREE user have to pay is the stupid ass-non-readable capthchas, the wait times and the crappy download speeds...dont like it? spring for the premium...otherwise deal with it and be happy people like tinajazz,wolfsbane,and locorweb are posting these shows.

Someone mentioned the uploaders making money or getting favors from the server for each download...I say that's great! Anything that motivates these awesome uploaders to share shows is a HUGE plus in my book.

:beerbang:

:eek3:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
While I agree that rapidgator and turbobit are unreiable- that's the way it goes- those uploaders (tinajazz and locorweb come to mind) are posting amazing stuff- and you're getting it for free - so you shouldnt complain. You can kindly suggest- but ultimately you;re not going to change their mind on which upload platform to use. If there' s a monetary motivation behind them uploading on those servers then, more power to them. Remember, YOU are getting the show for free- you should be grateful (and I'm betttng you are).

Someone mentioned their servers improving or getting faster- they intentionally slow the download for free users so that you;ll buy their Premium account. Same with the captchas and the wait-times- it's all meant to annoyyou enough to spring for the premium accounts. They're there to make money- not provide free service for anyone. Anyone bitching can think about working for someone and not getting paid...I doubt you'd do that.

The price you the FREE user have to pay is the stupid ass-non-readable capthchas, the wait times and the crappy download speeds...dont like it? spring for the premium...otherwise deal with it and be happy people like tinajazz,wolfsbane,and locorweb are posting these shows.

Someone mentioned the uploaders making money or getting favors from the server for each download...I say that's great! Anything that motivates these awesome uploaders to share shows is a HUGE plus in my book.

:beerbang:

:eek3:
well said & i totally agree...i know some cant use certain downloaders because of where they live and its nice people take the time to post shows on a few different sites..i know i cannot use mega at all...my pc is old and just doesnt like mega...so i use what i can and if it takes a long time,thats ok..as Pure said,im getting it for free...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Totally agree with both the above, but should also mention the advantages of using a download manager. I use jdownloader 0.9.581 at the moment, and have done for years now, (something about jd2 I didn't like, can't remember what now!) it stores the links until I am ready to download the files. Yes, not often but sometimes I go to download a file, only to find the link is no longer valid, but usually some quick googling will find it again, or even a site such as http://www.filestube.to/ if needed will usually unearth what I am looking for. If not, It's my own fault anyway for sitting on the link too long, and not having a well organised pc!

JD can also be rigged up to utilise a captcha solving community, and although I don't do this currently, in the past I've sat down and solved captcha after captcha for other people, building credits on the system, and then had my downloads running overnight, with my captchas being solved by others. At the moment, I just download the links that rely on captcha when I'm at the pc, and run any filefactory or mega links overnight, or when out of the house.

I haven't looked into any captcha exchange programs for a while, as I don't download a lot lately, but it seems http://www.captchabrotherhood.com/ or http://www.9kw.eu/hilfe.html would be a good place to start.

But, the essential thing to take from this, is we are getting things for free! if the uploaders profit, I doubt it is much in the grand scheme of all things internet, but regardless, it's not out of my pocket, so why should I care!

:irock:

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
All valid points, I think people are just saying it sure is a lot nicer waiting a few minutes or seconds rather than an hour or two to get a show, that's all.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, it's unbelievable how much faster Mediafire and Zippyshare are compared to the other services. You can literally download a file in a couple of minutes or even seconds whereas you have to wait for an hour or more with Turbobit, Rapdigator, Filefactory, etc.
Agree. Zippyshare, Mediafire & Mega are best right now -- quick download & no wait time.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree that rapidgator and turbobit are unreiable- that's the way it goes- those uploaders (tinajazz and locorweb come to mind) are posting amazing stuff- and you're getting it for free - so you shouldnt complain
Thank you, but I'm NOT getting it = I'm complaining.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You're Welcome- I didnt get that you werent able to get the links to work at all- I just thought the complaint was that it was slow...

Indeed, if the links didnt work at all, I'd complain equally.

Like Mega and freaking oboom- I cant access those either at all.

And I would surely welcome mediafire,zippyshare, or depositfiles in lieu of rapidgator or turbobit...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts