Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo everyone, im doin some research on the vintage marshall amp clones / kits and so far iv found Metro Amps, Webers, and Ceriatones. has anybody tried any of these kits out? how are they? and if anyone knows the difference in quality, parts, sound (if there is any) between the kits PLEASE enlighten me :hsdance: i really want to know about these puppies!

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you've not already found it, go to the Metro Amps forum and sign up. I think you'd get a lot more responses over there on the kits that you've mentioned. Metro Amp Forum

All I can say about the Ceria Tone is that it's an ever-improving product from what I've heard second- and third-hand. The early kits had some holes in the instructions though apparently people with a decent background in electronics could get through the build process. The newer kits are apparently including much better instruction guides.

Good luck with your amp project. A friend of mine is building me a decked-out JMP 1987 that I can't wait to play.

·
Registered
157 Posts
since this is on the same topic.since the amp has never been turned on is it safe for someone with no experience to build one,or would the local amp repair shop do it for me.thirdly is buying it prebuilt worth the cost.i saw a 1987 marshall at guitarcenter for 3300.i thought man what did they give the guy 800.someone must of needed cash to sell that

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seriously, i will never sell any nice gear to a big music store chain unless i am desperate and NOBODY else will buy it lol. they rip u off hardcore.

do any stores actually stock clones anywhere?? i dont think iv ever seen them aside from on the web

1 - 4 of 4 Posts