Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i consider buying one of them so what are the cons and pros of those gears ?
Are there any specific highlights of those gears ?

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
GT-6 is a complete unit with expression pedals incorporates 30 amp sims and loads of boss fx in software. However it has reduced connectivity, because Boss don't do a internet download service for it in the same way Line 6 do for the pods. The GT-6 is designed for live work but sounds good in the studio too.

If it is the all in one aspect of the GT-6 you like as opposed to the modular design of pods with separate pedal boards etc then you might be interested in the PodXT Live http://www.line6.com/podxtlive/features.html - this is pretty much pods answer to the GT-6. I would imagine it is better but be warned, as the software for uploading/downloading patches is still not available. Although I am sure it is only a matter of weeks before they sort it out.

POD's are very studio friendly and have lots of plus points for PC connectivity. A great many of the members here use pods to good effect. However there are a few GT-6 users also that get great sounds too. Both pod and gt-6 owners have access to thriving communities on the net.

Basically it is up to you and dependant on your requirements. Personally I use Boss/Roland gear but I have to say on the evidence of the pod users on this forum I think Line 6 have got it right and I would definitely consider getting one of their products in future.

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
i have the GT6 and i have no problems with it, i use it to record onto my pc and it sounds awesome and i use it for when i am gigging and again it is awesome.
i do believe that it is an excellent piece of equipment

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Hi Tony. I agree with you - the GT-6 Cosm sounds are used on my VG-88 V2.0 and there is no doubting their quality. As I said I use Boss/Roland gear myself. I like the GT-6 and actually went out to buy one in 2001 and ended up buying the VG-88 (I part ex'ed my GT-3 to do so) don't you just hate pushy salesmen?

My thoughts on the pod stuff is it is pretty good and has a better wah effect than anything roland/boss have produced. I reckon the PodXT Live has to be worth a try out, as does the GT-6.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks goport , thanks tony
it seems like i am gonna buy gt6

cause podxt live and its floorboard would be expensive for me

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy crap i havent seen this baby before woaw it looks cool
hmm now i'm confused again

i think i need more reviews about those babies,

by the way i've got a marshall mg100dfx amp so i want a processor which has to got a sound like tuber processor i mean nearly tube sound

(sorry about bad english)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot POD GOD
hehehe
other processors please

anyway that vox looks great too ? what am i suppose to do now ?

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
PG - I was going to post that but I thought the guy had enough on his plate

Incidentally the Harmony Central reviews of the Vox said the distortion was a little bit weak for the rectifier lovers.

nepenthe - have you considered the digitech GNX4 it comes with a built in digital 8 track
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/DigiTech/GNX4-01.html

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i didnt hear good things about gnx4 but yeah i am alot confused now, i was thinking to buy gt6 but now vox and xlive hmm i dont know guys

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Go and try them nepenthe! That's the only sure way. I love the POD because of it's easy connection to the PC and also the fact that tones are there on-line for me to use for free. I HATE trying to get a sound and reckon I only use about 6 anyway so the quality of the sound is more important to me than having 1000's. Having said all this, if something better than the Pod XT came along, I'd check it out with my ears in a shop and then try and justify if I really needed it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey guys, i know it's been a long time but i'm still confused..

tonelab is super but a little expensive for me so i am thinking to buy POD xt live or BOSS GT6 ?? and i have got no chance to try them ( we don't have those babies in our town :cry: ) , like i said i've got a marshall mg100dfx nothing else..

which one will be the best for me ? (one of my friend is coming Turkey from Texas about 10 days later so i have to be quick) need your help :confused:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
short answer is either one will be good. The amp doesn't really matter too much as both of these pedals use amp sims. If anything, you don't need really want the characteristics of your amp affecting/altering the amps sims on the unit. The GT-6 is just about to be suceeded by the GT-8 which is due for release soon, but not soon enough :(

The Pod XT Live is very new and I don't think the software is available yet but it will be and it will be a free download. It is also flash bios upgradeable as are nearly all the line 6 range. If I were to choose I would probably go for this one. BUT Check out the reviews on www.harmony-central.com

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Line_6/Pod_XT_Live-01.html

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Boss/GT_6_Guitar_Effects_Processor-01.html

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Special request

I am thinking about getting the new POD xt - Does any one here have one? If so could you post an mp3 made with it that shows what it can do?

Thanks in advance!

Rj

·
Registered
886 Posts
I prefer the Boss stuff. I just think that sometimes the POD sounds a little too harsh althought there are people on here who get killer sounds out of them. Also the Boss has the harmoniser and much more effects on and they are really easy to program. Still, it's all down to personal preference and what you really need from the unit.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
mickey_g107 said:
gt6 is wicked, i remmeber posting here before but its not here anymore, but yeh its wicked i got one, listen to some of my shit its got a nice tone, and you can download any artists tone you want
I checked out your tunes - awesome playing man! However, I am not sure that the tones I heard work for me. I am going to check out the POD tones too, but it could be that I just won't be happy with anything other than a mic in front of a celestion if you get what I mean! :)

Oh - and are you in the UK? I used to live there - for 3 years. I was there at Upper Heyford which is about 30 mins away from Oxford.

Lata

Rj

1 - 20 of 23 Posts