Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , finally bought xt live and i'm very happy cause this unit rocks ! :afro:
Anyway i thought that all xt live users write their tips here , write their favourite tone's settings , their problems , etc..

For example i wrote a great tone (for me) includes marshall jcm800 head , marshall vintage 30's , mutron III auto wah (for stompbox) , square ce-1 chorus (for modulation) , boss dm-2 delay (of course for delay) and rich chamber reverb.. i love that tone maybe it works for you guys too..

But i couldnt find a tone for dream theater :dunno: , perhaps you guys can help me..

C'mon xt live users show me what you've got :thumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dude, email me that patch you were talking about...I'll see if I've got anything in mine that remotely comes close to what you're looking for.

[email protected]

There's also some other threads that POD XT users are replying to about tone patches, so maybe you can find some others out there too.

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
I have the XT Live and I havent a bloody clue, any tips on how to make some awesome tones or generally how to use it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's a tone like michael romeo's tone :

Amp: Spinal Puppet
Cab: 4x12 Treadplate
Drive: 51%
Bass: 100%
Treble: 100%
Mid: 81%
Presence: 100%
Mic: 57 Off Axis
Room: 33%
tube screamer : drive: 0 gain: 57 tone: 55

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
FedEx just delivered mine today. I can't wait to get home and plug it in! :devilchil

·
Registered
610 Posts
I love my podxt. Its an amazing piece of gear. I can't go without it. It does everything i want and need it to do.:icon_thum Check out the line6 site to get tones from other users. I have quite a few patches, some i haven't even tried yet. If yas are looking for something, i'll c what i have and post the patch or can email it to ya.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
You basically use the PodXT Live like you would use separate effects pedals and amps. Look through the doc to understand the controls and then just think about how you would connect and configure any pedal and amp combo you can imagine.

For example, select a tube amp model and then put a tube screamer in the path before the amp to juice the gain. Set the tube screamer drive low and its gain high.

This kind of shit is what I really enjoy doing with the PodXT Live. And not just with the effects. Play around with the mic settings and cabinets, and the EQ.

As for how to actually configure the damn thing, there is not a lot of shortcuts versus reading the manual. I can tell you that the thing most peeps screw up first is the input and output switches and settings. Pay close attention to that and you will be on your way.

Hope this helps.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
When I first got my PodXT, I just dl'ed all the tones I could, and used them, then I started fooling around and making changes on some of them, until I really went through the manual, and now am starting to make my own tones. Like it was stated, it's really like working with real amps and effects, a lot of fun, but as my wife notices, boy does the time slip away.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
legatovibrato explained it pretty cool :thumbup:
now c'mon guys lets share our settings , share our favourite tones..
dont be lazy and write here your kick ass tones :jam: :rock:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
I just purchased my pod xt live today. wow! it rocks! i have a question.... what is best way to hook it up to pc for best sound?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Scott Parnell said:
I just purchased my pod xt live today. wow! it rocks! i have a question.... what is best way to hook it up to pc for best sound?
Hey Scott, i have the podxt. Xtlive should be the same to hook up. Here is how i have mine hooked up. I run my L/R outputs to the L/R inputs of my mixer. Then i use the usb cable from xt to my pc. To monitor i run a cable from my amps line in to my mixers main out. I hope this helps ya.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
thanks alot for the help. this xt live rocks!!! i cant believe the tones from the distortions! the jcm 800 sounds killa! and to me,, the eruption setting is cool as hell! i was jamming hot for teacher,, and i turned off the mod on it and hit tube screamer for the solo and wow. i was blown away from the tones. im just starting to have fun with my new toy.

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you don't have the model packs, especially the metal pack. I would get at least that one. There are some kickass tones with that pack.:thumb:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Scott Parnell said:
how do i go about gettin the packs? i got whatever the unit itself came with so far.
Right here Scott.:icon_thum Click on model packs.

www.line6.com/products.html?catagory=13

Also goto the support page and, download the monkey if you haven't yet. This will keep your pod up to date and, this is where you install the model packs, if you decide to get them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
:scratch: Hi, I'm just in the process of getting my 'XT live' back from Line6.
They've had to replace the main chip in it, (Whatever that is!) as it suddenly went 'belly up' and wouldn't produce any output sound, (So there's something to keep an eye on.)
Anyway, sounds.
I generally have two banks that I run like this, CLEAN, CRUNCH, RYTHM, LEAD.
I'll usually find a tone I like, (In this case it was a Line6 generic 'Blackmore' sound using humbuckers.) and then I'll play around with different EQ's, levels, and effects until I get somewhere close to what I hear in my head?
I use two banks because I have what I call my, 'British tone' which I can use to cover anything from, Oasis, Thin lizzy, Free, and even Floyd, and the other which is set up in the same format, but I used the Line6 sounds found on the Guitarport lesson for Slash, and again tinkered around with them for what I call my 'American sound' and use them to cover the likes of, Guns 'n' Roses (Natch!) etc.
I find that most british bands tend to have a slightly more, 'Treble' sound than our American friends, who seem to have a little more 'Middle' and 'Bass'
But at the end of the day, 'If it sounds right......Then it is right' and as sound is such a personal thing, only you can decide what's right and what's wrong.
After all, one man's distortion, is another man's 'Bumblebee in a jar'. :bannana_g

1 - 20 of 21 Posts