Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
158 Posts
Unlike the masses i'm going to tell you something: The Tonelab has tubes in it. The pod xt doesnt. That's enough for me to choose the lab. But make up your own mind. You really shouldn't rely on what any of us tell you. Try them both out.

· Banned
158 Posts
"Not taking a shot at you Lydian, so don't get offended, but to simply chime in with the "going against the masses" bullshit just because it has a PREAMP tube in it is a bullshit answer and doesn't really help the guy." Well anyone that knows anything should know that real disortion comes from tubes. :) And it IS true that "the masses" think Pods are the best Fx unit ever, which just isn't the case. There's many options out there. However, i refuse to tell anyone "this is what you should choose". They sould use their own ears and eyes and pocket. Note: Maybe sometimes the best sound is from an amplifier.

· Banned
158 Posts
"It looks like we're back where we started again, huh? You just cannot have it any other way than your own and you always have to go against the grain just to do so and for no other point." Not at all. I made my own points. Maybe you should think about the fact that it works both ways. Honestly my answer to the guys question is: Don't get either. "processors" do jus that. "process". your sound will be too "processed" and youll be using bass and treble frequencies that a guitar isnt even supposed to create. I myself use a rackmount unit as a processor, and the sounds are GREAT, but I still have to realize that it is "processed". It isn't a real guitar sound that comes out of the thing. May as well be a keybaord. Takes all the warmth out of your tone, no matter what processor it is. If you want a natural guitar tone, don't get any such thing. Get a good amp. If you want cool fx, get a processor.

· Banned
158 Posts
I'd rather be real about it then pretend to agree with everyone. Sorry. I guess i'll just never say my opinion, and never try to point ppl in the right direction. But youd like it that way wouldnt you? :)

· Banned
158 Posts
Sure. I'm not looking for an arguement. But look who really starts these things - you! I posted my opinion. Then someone like you has to get "offended" and say something. Then I say something back, and you wonder why, because you further provoked me to say something. Anyways, there's no debate going on here. You let me say my thoughts, I let you say your thoughts. End of case. P.S. Without people like me and Dannyboy, everyone would agree on everything most of the time and the site would be pretty dull that way to be honest. :)

· Banned
158 Posts
mondola said:
The site has gone through a huge change and a second chance was given to you. I guess it was too much to hope that with the board change and name change that there might be a change in attitude ? Still, at least there were no dancing bananas (yet).

Anyway, Dante, I'm guessing that you got to go down and try them both out. I hope you managed to come to a decision and went with whatever your ears told you was the best !

:thumb:
'

You see, I haven't been old BP self at all here. I dont think it takes much to realize that i've been using some level of restraint really. You should realize that i am simply being prejudiced on the past. You people are just waiting for me to say something to get banned again. Its anticipated by you. And when you're looking for a problem, you may as well pick something stupid like this to do it on. In case you haven't noticed, there has been a change. Whos the one bastarizing who here? I am the one being made into a target. Whos attacking who here? Whats causing me to say things? You saying things! I guess you expect me to sit here like "i agree :)" on everything as everyone goes "what an asshole he is". Yea i'm just gonna sit in stasis and let myself be stomped all over for saying my bit anywhere. :) I wouldn't have made any extra posts if i weren't provoked by you and stingx in the first place. I don't know what you expect. But if you want it to end, stop feeding the fire. I'll try ending it again: End of Case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.