Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,789 Posts
I think what you have to consider is what you need the unit for. As this is a forum called, "Amp Modeling", then I really don't see why the arguement of getting a REAL amp is being brought up in here... :scratch:

But anyway, getting back on track. I had an amp, but in my circumstances, I could never, ever get a good tone out of it. Why ? Because of how and where I lived and who I lived with meant that I could never turn it up in order to get the tone I required.

I now have a POD xt and it more than suits my needs. I now have great tone whenever I need, without disturbing anyone else, and I can get that same tone I hear recorded directly into my computer !

I've never tried nor heard of the Vox Tonelab, so can't comment on that at all. But the POD xt is great. Sure, it's expensive, but if the price puts you off, take a look at Behringer's V-AMP products.

But, bear in mind, POD xt is one of Line6's flagships. They provide constant support and updates and there are patches all over the place for it.

But, at the end of the day, since you have the opportunity to play them both, then let yourself be the one to decide which one sounds best to you !

· Registered
7,789 Posts
I ain't gonna get into a petty arguement with you, BrainPolice, but I thought you might of learnt from when you "left" the site for good the first time.

Dante originally posted
I'm going in to Guitar Center tommorow probably to play both, but which modeler has the more convincing models?
Which really confuses me as to why the whole debate of real amps was started by you. An Amp modelling question in an Amp Modelling forum. Am I making my point clear now ?

:wutblau:

· Registered
7,789 Posts
The site has gone through a huge change and a second chance was given to you. I guess it was too much to hope that with the board change and name change that there might be a change in attitude ? Still, at least there were no dancing bananas (yet).

Anyway, Dante, I'm guessing that you got to go down and try them both out. I hope you managed to come to a decision and went with whatever your ears told you was the best !

:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.