Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
David Gilmour's 2nd
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a XT Live ot mess around on. I have sonar on my PC and was wondering how do you set the XT up to record to Sonar? I have it plugged through the USB. I'm fairly new to recording so.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've never used Sonar but i think most programs are the same. When you click on a track to record, a window should come up and show you what your playing through and recording. You should be able to choose your Pod under "recording device". Hope this helps ya.

·
David Gilmour's 2nd
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's what I thought, but I'm getting no response from it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have the headphone jack of the pod xt live plugged into the line-in on your soundcard? No sound travels through the usb plug. It works like a guitar port.

·
40 ain't bad
99 Posts
Are you starting your recording software before you fire up your pod?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Lightningdan said:
Do you have the headphone jack of the pod xt live plugged into the line-in on your soundcard? No sound travels through the usb plug. It works like a guitar port.
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that it would work like a USB soundcard.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Lightningdan said:
I dunno about the PODxt Live, but I certainly record all my signals from my PODxt (bean) using USB. I never plugged into my soundcard.

All I can suggest is you update all drivers using Line6 Monkey. But before you do that, isn't there a "direct/studio(?)" setting on the PODxt Live ?

Maybe that is the problem ?

Hopefully, stingx or Scott_Parnell can jump in here and offer advice, as they actually own PODxt Lives.

:thumb:

·
40 ain't bad
99 Posts
Lightningdan said:
The output to your PC goes through the USB. Your PC will be recording through the USB except you cant hear it unless you use headphones or plug the headphone jack into your sound card.

After reading this thread I tried to record with my podxt ( I imagine it would be the same as a Live) and I got it to work. I'm not familiar with Sonar but all I had to do was select the podxt as the recording source in Wavelablite and I was off on my way. I didn't see it in the podxt manual but I'm pretty sure with my old Guitarport info I saw that you have to start the recording software first. :)

·
David Gilmour's 2nd
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. I meant that their was no response in the track meter on sonar.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
try using the mixer. my audio card only shows one input of my dmx 6 fire but the mixer shows all inputs. Just a suggestion.

·
David Gilmour's 2nd
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mondola said:
isn't there a "direct/studio(?)" setting on the PODxt Live ?

Maybe that is the problem ?:thumb:
My stupidity shines through. I forgot all about the output mode. Damn it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
buckkillr8 said:
Just picked up a XT Live ot mess around on. I have sonar on my PC and was wondering how do you set the XT up to record to Sonar? I have it plugged through the USB. I'm fairly new to recording so.
Hey Buck, what up!?

I had the XT Pro (rack) and the USB stunk. I really liked recording with the SPDIF or 1/4 inch.

But when you plug in the USB, it should show up as a new "recording device" in your Windows sound settings (under control panel). You'll have to make sure you have it selected as the recording device ... cool?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts