Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a tip you may or may not know concerning the latest PodXT drivers, v2.6.8.0. With these latest drivers, you can now reamp just like you are able to with the PodXT Pro. Reamping is useful when you wish to change the amp/sound you recorded to try other settings without having to rerecord your track again. Sometimes I like to send the signal dry into the DAW while listening to the amp model while recording. This opens up a lot of creative possiblities that weren't there before. Being that I own Amplitube, sometimes I prefer an amp setting from that software package. So I play with the amp model selected in the PodXT so I can feel the vibe but the signal is processed clean into the DAW. Now I can make infinite changes to achive the tone I am looking for without the need for a zillion takes. This is a godsend, believe me!

Here's how you can play with the settings. I use WinXP Pro so I connect my PodXT via USB, go to Control Panel, then select the PodXT icon which opens up the settings.

You can see on the right side of the attached image that you have 4 choices for input settings and each setting gives you a graphical idea of how your signal is routed.

I'm using all the latest drivers available and I am getting no latency issues recording via USB in either 16 or 24 bit using my Pod as the audio interface.

I am running WinXP Pro w/ Service Pack 2, just to give you a reference.

Ok, that's it for now. Stay tuned for more tips. Have fun!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
This is a great tip! I hope they do the same in the next GuitarPort update. Many times, that perfect tone just doesn't compliment the mix. It would be awesome to change it without having to re-record everything!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.