Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i uploaded a poem a few weeks ago called Poem For The Leaders ... when i got the idea for this song i went to those lyrics to use them for this song . this is the demo version since i have a pal programming some better drums for me ... this is also an MP3 rather than the high quality wav. file ... so just try and imagine it to be a bit more "OOMPH" lol :D

Lyrics = http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33740

Reactions: Rid

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
crikey , might need to do vocals again ... i go a bit sharp on the first few lines ... and its annoying me a bit lol . oh well . just a demo after all :)

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
I recognized the title from the lyrics forum... very cool to see those words put to music. The music and ideas for it are extremely well put together. Very Fluid and designed nicely. The vocal sound imo doesn't seem to match the music. I'm sure the drums will change the sound of the music overall, a bit, but there's something "can" like to the vocals that I felt could be different. Seems they don't have the clarity that they could, not sure if I am giving an accurate explanation. More than likely, just my personal prefences getting in the way, so I certainly don't mean any offense. It should be said though, the vocal performance is great (not sure I heard any of the things you pointed out with the vox). Sincerely, I really believe that the merits of the "song" are top top notch stuff. It's particularly terrific song writing.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Cool song Danny. The drum programming is an issue so I am glad that is going to be resolved. The obvious thing to do to tighten it all up is to ensure the bass is sync'ed to the bass drum. One more thing, try playing with the eq on the vocal (and maybe a little less fx). Thats the bad stuff done with.

The song is a good un mate. Great lead break and good solid vocal performance. Playing is great and so is the arrangement. Top stuff :thumb:

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thanks mate i appreciate the insightfulness and thoguht put into the comment . now let me explain about the vocals , the only microphone i have is a cheapy £2 one from some computer store , because of that ... no matter how much i sit and do noise reductions and EQing to try and help with making words more clear and understandable ... it just doesnt quite work right . I actually considered asking Danzi if he would do them for me cause i adore his vocal style and i think he could really give it the OOMPH i want and still have clarity . i could show him this as a reference ... but im yet to ask him and hes a busy guy so im not sure . i will for sure post up an MP3 again once new drums are put in though . thanks for your input :) :thumb:

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goport said:
Cool song Danny. The drum programming is an issue so I am glad that is going to be resolved. The obvious thing to do to tighten it all up is to ensure the bass is sync'ed to the bass drum. One more thing, try playing with the eq on the vocal (and maybe a little less fx). Thats the bad stuff done with.

The song is a good un mate. Great lead break and good solid vocal performance. Playing is great and so is the arrangement. Top stuff :thumb:
thanks porty mate , you know the problem with uploading MP3's is the sound gets muffled . if i could upload the original you would probably hear everything more and it would sound more synced up . i play it on CD in my stereo quite a bit and it really adds that extra something an MP3 can never quite have .

one thing is for sure , its a step in the right direction for me mixing wise and recording wise . im getting closer ... i think lol .

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
That would be a cool move to get the Danzi in.

You have a good voice and it would be a shame to be restricted by a shitty desk mic. you can get a mic for £15-20 which will make a world of difference and it is worth the investment. I think Behringer do the xm8500s which is under £20.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome porty thanks for telling me . i will definately give those a look in . i know i can sing these songs i just need a mic to pick up all the nuances . :thumb:

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
I think for this song alone, it would be worth while to pick up a new mic, maybe the behringer that Porty mentioned. You really did do the vocals a ton of justice in the performance arena... I just think the drums and sound that got attached to the vocals took away from it, in the mix. I don't know Danzi, but I heard what you were going for and it seemed like it was right on target. I liked you in the loop on this vocally, hope to hear a re-take of it. Again, great songwriting. :thumb:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Very cool db, cant wait to hear it done to your liking>>>>:thumb: :icon_peac

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well I'm downloading it right know...
I liked the lyrics alot.
Keep up the good work ^_^
ROCK ON!! :jam: :jam: :jam:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Well I liked it, and you have some good talent!
Would be great to hear a more finalised version later :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts