Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
It looks like a good cover but the quality of the recording is very bad... Maybe you should change the mic... ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
man.. that brings back some memories.. when I first started I learned the entire nirvana nevermind cd had the tab book and all..

I forgot how much I hate nirvana songs hearing that though :)

anyways.. keep it up.. Kurt Cobain was no guitar god.. but he is a great starting point to learn how to play.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well sound is bad yes but what can I do. I use my headset -- I place it in front of my shitty amp. I record the guitar. Then I play the recrded guitar through my PC speakers, placing my headset infront of them and I do the vocals.

And heres the result -- *hitty quality :) But I think you can still judge my cover :)) that Im a beginner.

As far as MegaTrey's comment -- well I like nirvana -- brings back good memories from high school and me hanging out with my friends who played guitar. And heres the day -- I can afford a guitar (and altho little late for a starting point) and jump into my new hobby. I dont admire guitar gods or fancy soloing or shredding or whatever. Not into it at all. But u r right -- nitvana is a good starting point.

·
Registered
442 Posts
:icon_cool we all have to start somewhere. good first effort .i first started out dubbing back and forth on a cheap karoke machine. you come to the right place to grow.

·
Registered
733 Posts
hi kurt. i agree with linda you have a great voice. i liked your playing too. sounded good. :icon_cool

G

·
hey ma im a HUGE!!! Nirvana fan cover these songs some might be easy for you some are kinda out there and need ALOT of distortion:

1.Smells Like teen Spirit
2.Come as you are
3.Polly('From the muddy banks of the Wishkah' version)
4.Blandest (you'll need a good amp though)
5.Paper Cuts
6.Verse Chorus Verse
7.All Apologies
8.Heart Shaped Box
9.About a girl
10.Love Buzz

Other songs by dif artist

Pantera-Primal Concrete Sledge
Metallica-Nothing else matters
AC/DC-Back in Black

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Kurt.
As far as recording, you can get a pretty cheap simple set up. I got a 50 buck mixer that you can plug the guitar in and play directly into the computer. The mic goes thru the mixer too. Definately helps the sound quality.

You have a great voice. Keep it up!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mtvsucksbecause said:
hey ma im a HUGE!!! Nirvana fan cover these songs some might be easy for you some are kinda out there and need ALOT of distortion:

1.Smells Like teen Spirit
2.Come as you are
3.Polly('From the muddy banks of the Wishkah' version)
4.Blandest (you'll need a good amp though)
5.Paper Cuts
6.Verse Chorus Verse
7.All Apologies
8.Heart Shaped Box
9.About a girl
10.Love Buzz

Other songs by dif artist

Pantera-Primal Concrete Sledge
Metallica-Nothing else matters
AC/DC-Back in Black

Working on Smells Like Teen Spirit. But it takes some time to learn to play the solo smooothly. Been busy those days too. Ill post it when it is somewhat
descent :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts