Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
It wasn't too bad. The main riff is pretty good...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ehhh, Not my style. Glad to see he's still using his washburn.
But were'd he get that drummer 1974??? WOW that hair .....

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I love Nuno...this one's not flooring me or anything. I did see one of those guitars in a pawn shop that looked cool.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
It wasn't too bad but I was disappointed with Nuno's "New and Un-improved" modern metal playing style. Its like he's jumped on the Nickleback bandwagon. I thought his new stuff would be a more traditional metal style of playing like he did with Extreme. I was glad to hear a solo but the tone was awful to me and he didn't play any of his signature licks, squeals, or harmonics. The nu-metal sound leaves me a bit cold.

I wonder if his other stuff would be more traditional Nuno?? Have you heard anything else?

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Well, as much as I liked hard rock, metal, you name it, back in college days, I can still listen to some of these folks nowadays, and some of them still make my leg keep kickin, but you know, even if I see these guys are playing live and great (I had the chance to be at Seville and see the 92 concert with Nunno, Vai, Satriani, etc, and that was BIG, but to some point dissapointing already back then), I just see too many rock gimmick and clichès, as if all his movements onstage were rehearsed,.. It seems like they´ve gone thru a 20 hour video course of how the Jimi´s, Beck´s, and the like posed when playing,...Awe, maybe it´s just me getting old :ball:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts