Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was wondering, I have an Epiphone Dot (ES-335) and i was thinking of changing the pots. Do I Buy long shaft or Regular Shaft? Also the kit comes with wires and capacitors, should i wire everything first then install it in my guitar?

·
Registered
733 Posts
500k long shaft is what you need i believe. i would put everything on first then wire it. you need something to hold stuff still where you want it...if not, soldering can be a real pain. burns! just bolt your pots on, put the wires in the terminals, put a little solder on them, and youre done.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If you are replacing the pots because the old ones are worn out, and if you are happy with the tone you are currently getting out of your guitar, make sure that you get pots that have the same resistance as your old ones. (500k ohms is common) It should say on your current pots what the resistance is. The same goes for any capacitors that are in there. Make sure they are the same capacitance value or your tone will change.

Then again you may want to experiment with different values and change your tone - its all up to you!

Rj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts