Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is only my second post and i hope you guys can help me. I am just getting back into playing after a few year layoff. I sold my marshall and all effects when i quit playing. I kept my guitars(luckily). I am looking into practice amps that have all the effects built in that i can also record to my computer from. I played the line 6 spyder and liked them. I have never played the behringer v ampire but i can pick one up used for around 150 in great shape. I play mostly metal and love the zaak wylde sound which i was able to get thru my marshall with an overdrive pedal. I know that these amps wont give the classic tube sound but can i get a similar sound without using any additional effects? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
best bet is to go to the local music stores and search for a good used. I ve seen the marshalls (Non tube ) for around $175 - 200 little over your price but if ya walk in with cash maybe you can get a disount

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If the vampire gets sounds like the v-amp, you shouldnt be disappointed with the marshall tones on it. It'll almost definitely get a better marshall sound than a low end marshall amp. And for 150........ you cant really go wrong :toothless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts