Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello again dear friend.
I have managed to get which other PRINCE releases from PGA are the EXPANDED editions:

Prince Xenophobia Xpectation 2CD Expanded Album Collector's Edition
Prince Album 1979 Collector's Edition Remix And Remasters Expanded 2CD
Prince Camille Collector's Edition Remix And Remasters Expanded Album 2CD
Prince 1999 Tour Collector's Edition Remix And Remasters Expanded Album 2CD
PRINCE Graffiti Bridge Collector's Edition 2CD Remix And Remasters Expanded Album
Prince For You Expanded Album Collector's Edition 2CD Purple Gold Archives Collection
Prince The Black Album Collector's Edition 2CD Remix And Remasters Expanded Album
Prince Come Collector's Edition 2CD 1958-1993 Remix And Remasters Expanded Album
PRINCE Sign O The Times Collector's Edition Remix Remasters Expanded Album 2CD
Prince The Black Album And Camille 4CD Set Remix And Remasters Expanded Album
Prince Dirty Mind Collector's Edition Remix And Remaster 2CD PGA
Prince Sign "O" The Times Collector's Edition Outtakes 4CD Set
PRINCE The New Power Generation Diamonds And Pearls Collector's Edition 2CD
Prince Around The World In A Day Collector's Edition 2CD Purple Gold Archives
Prince Lovesexy Remix And Remasters Love Sexy Collector's Edition 2CD PGA
PRINCE Sign O The Times Outtakes Collector's Edition Remix And Remasters 2CD
Prince The Revolution Parade 2CD Under The Cherry Moon Acoustic Demo & More

If you happen to have any of these ones, highly appreciated if you could share!
Many Thanks in advance!
Cheers from Italy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the share! :) However, this is Apple audio with iTunes info (m4a) and the format is AAC LC, which, although delivering tighter compression while achieving higher audio quality than mp3 compression, the Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) Low Complexity is still nonetheless a lossy compression codec. Basically, these files are like an Apple version of 320kb/s mp3 files just with higher audio quality. In other words, this isn't lossless audio. In order for an m4a file to contain lossless audio, the lossless (ALAC) codec format has to be used. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Worst bootleg company ever. They are in Japan, and take FLAC and CONVERT them to MP3, and then press them on discs and sell them on ebay. They do whatever than can to make sure the sound quality is worse than the source material they hacked from someone else. This is a combination of pirated official tracks, and MP3 from Eye Records Blast From The Past series. Avoid at all costs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I just downloaded it and it's great! However, it should be posted in the lossy forum.
What people don't understand is that if you take silver cds that were sourced from MP3, and convert them to FLAC, it is never going to be lossless. Now if you take a cd sourced from lossless masters, and covert to FLAC, it remains lossless. Once an MP3 is made, it loses some of the quality forever. Funny how PGA actually get people to fork over so much money on ebay for stuff you can get for free, and charge you more to have it in worse sound quality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Worst bootleg company ever. They are in Japan, and take FLAC and CONVERT them to MP3, and then press them on discs and sell them on ebay. They do whatever than can to make sure the sound quality is worse than the source material they hacked from someone else. This is a combination of pirated official tracks, and MP3 from Eye Records Blast From The Past series. Avoid at all costs.
I've obtained approximately 50 of these PGA discs, both cd / Blu Ray, directly from Japan, had no issues, sound quality is excellent, some tracks repeated but with so many available that's not a big issue.
Besides a couple of official albums, I only play my Paisley Gold Archives cds.
Prince recorded so much material it would take years to release, I want to enjoy the music now, not some official deluxe compilation in 5 years time or more.
Mixed reviews, love or hate them, they are fresh, clean & 100% enjoyable. I think the negative from some Prince fans is either to do with being a purist, or believing they should decide what good for fans to listen to, maybe jealousy because they cannot afford them, what ever it is, it's personal choice, I don't buy vinyl, so I want an album to sound good, look good, make me feel good.......PGA do all three, plus I get to listen to Prince tunes beyond the official releases.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What people don't understand is that if you take silver cds that were sourced from MP3, and convert them to FLAC, it is never going to be lossless. Now if you take a cd sourced from lossless masters, and covert to FLAC, it remains lossless. Once an MP3 is made, it loses some of the quality forever. Funny how PGA actually get people to fork over so much money on ebay for stuff you can get for free, and charge you more to have it in worse sound quality.
I understand the format, source information, but I like my cds to be factory pressed, artwork etc, PGA may not come with a booklet, but the artwork and the music is excellent.
Is your concern more about being confused why people fork out for material you can download free, so believing we are getting ripped off buying these cds, because I don't believe you feel that the music is crap on these releases, so its just your technical beliefs and freebie v paying issues.
These PGAs are not negative, they have given me over 50 titles on cd, they look good, sound good and as stated before make me feel good.
If getting them free makes you feel good, downloading to a cdr, or playing directly from Internet sources, that's mighty fine, whilst you are being an anorak analysing data, sound waves and alien interference, I'm enjoying a lot of Prince blasting from my stereo.....paid for because its my choice, getting it free is your choice, both personal ways to enjoy Prince & that's what matters...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I understand the format, source information, but I like my cds to be factory pressed, artwork etc, PGA may not come with a booklet, but the artwork and the music is excellent.
Is your concern more about being confused why people fork out for material you can download free, so believing we are getting ripped off buying these cds, because I don't believe you feel that the music is crap on these releases, so its just your technical beliefs and freebie v paying issues.
These PGAs are not negative, they have given me over 50 titles on cd, they look good, sound good and as stated before make me feel good.
If getting them free makes you feel good, downloading to a cdr, or playing directly from Internet sources, that's mighty fine, whilst you are being an anorak analysing data, sound waves and alien interference, I'm enjoying a lot of Prince blasting from my stereo.....paid for because its my choice, getting it free is your choice, both personal ways to enjoy Prince & that's what matters...
Everyone has different ears for sound quality. I'm not saying I'm an audio engineer, but I can tell Mp3 from FLAC. A lot of people know that when an MP3 is created, that to compress the sound file, tiny bits of the music is shaved off. Usually things the average person won't notice: like a bit of a cymbal crash for example. Now what is really strange is why they would spend all that time taking a lossless file, converting it to MP3, and then pressing on cds just makes no sense. I understand wanting a factory pressed disc with the artwork, but all the material is available in better sound quality, and you can easily download the artwork from the bootlegs if you want that. But everyone has their own opinions, I suppose. Since this is a download site, downloading MP3 when FLAC is easy to find online makes no sense. I've seen these go for high prices on ebay, and I would say find the higher quality FLAC fan made remasters, and if the PGA artwork is what you want, download that to make it how you want it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've obtained approximately 50 of these PGA discs, both cd / Blu Ray, directly from Japan, had no issues, sound quality is excellent, some tracks repeated but with so many available that's not a big issue.
Besides a couple of official albums, I only play my Paisley Gold Archives cds.
Prince recorded so much material it would take years to release, I want to enjoy the music now, not some official deluxe compilation in 5 years time or more.
Mixed reviews, love or hate them, they are fresh, clean & 100% enjoyable. I think the negative from some Prince fans is either to do with being a purist, or believing they should decide what good for fans to listen to, maybe jealousy because they cannot afford them, what ever it is, it's personal choice, I don't buy vinyl, so I want an album to sound good, look good, make me feel good.......PGA do all three, plus I get to listen to Prince tunes beyond the official releases.
I effing love the PGA releases, and often prefer them to the original due to being better sound quality (especially for many of the poorly released studio albums) and for having a cohesive package. I too listen to them more than the official releases, especially ATWIAD, Lovesexy, Dirty Mind, Controversy, Black (PGA is so much better than the original CD), etc. And, yes, willing to spend slightly silly money on owning them. That's my choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They don't have better quality. They're sourced from low quality MP3s of official releases and bootlegs. They sound worse than both. Check the spectograms of PGA releases on isotope, the sound is degraded. MP3 audio pressed on silver discs is criminal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beside a couple of tracks over the 50+ PGA cds that I have, they all sound mighty fine on my hi fi, amazing quality.

If the anorak warriors of sound, are going to analyse the quality of PGA cds on their wave length sonar width measuring gadgets, housed in their geek laboratory of decibel frequency doings, then obviously your going to microscope the difference....

But as a normal person, with only one pair of human ears to sonically hear music, my stereo hi fi system, with buttons, knobs and a cute LCD window, sure as hell allows for powerhouse PGA playback......

Recently I obtained a few Prince bootleg cds on the Sabotage label, got them cheap, the label had been recommended to me before.
The quality on the cds are good, but not excellent, I'll stick with my PGA......
Just Sayin'
Smile

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beside a couple of tracks over the 50+ PGA cds that I have, they all sound mighty fine on my hi fi, amazing quality.

If the anorak warriors of sound, are going to analyse the quality of PGA cds on their wave length sonar width measuring gadgets, housed in their geek laboratory of decibel frequency doings, then obviously your going to microscope the difference....

But as a normal person, with only one pair of human ears to sonically hear music, my stereo hi fi system, with buttons, knobs and a cute LCD window, sure as hell allows for powerhouse PGA playback......

Recently I obtained a few Prince bootleg cds on the Sabotage label, got them cheap, the label had been recommended to me before.
The quality on the cds are good, but not excellent, I'll stick with my PGA......
Just Sayin'
Smile
You are in denial because of the money you spent on worthless bootlegs, or you are possibly partially deaf. The reason I checked PGA releases on a spectogram is because they sounded really bad to my ear compared to the original official and bootleg releases they stole. Like 128kpbs MP3 bad, with terrible artifacts. The spectogram confirmed the fact the PGA CDs are sourced from low quality MP3s, not WAV or FLAC.

You have wasted your money buying this trash, I am sorry. You fell for the fancy artwork. It's OK.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts