Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)

sure! i want to battle you again, my friend! do u have time for this?
ps: help me, how can i delete my attachments, cos i dont know...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow!

hey Axe, how do u do? i don't see ya since april,hehe! so,wanna battle me with a progressive song?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Gabor said:
hey Axe, how do u do? i don't see ya since april,hehe! so,wanna battle me with a progressive song?
YEAH.....I JUST PLAY...SOME MAY THINK ITS PROGRESSIVE....BEEN REAL BUSY AND A CLOSE FRIEND PASSED SO HAVENT BEEN PLAYING AS MUCH....I NEED A PUSH TO GET GOING....SO THIS IS JUST AN INSTRUMENTAL?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
!

yeah , this is just an instrumental,and you can record almost anything,i mean progressive with more jazz,etcetc. what do u mean "a close friend passed"? i hope that everything it's allright... so, can i set the battle? :thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
!

ok, but in this weekend i'll go somewhere, and i'll be return monday, so , wait for me until monday, ok? and then we'll set this battle, 10 votes... bye, take care of u :)

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
Axe, Nice job on "Why". Your dexterity on some of the faster licks is very good and your use of the wah is much better than mine (I really need to break down and practice with the darn thing). However, some of your bends are a bit lacking in either they fall short or go beyond. I know you can put some more emotion behind those :) . I think that is what they are lacking is the raw emotion that Satch usually displays in his bends. Contort your face or get mean... that's what I do heheh. My kids always pick on me when I play because when I do those kinds of bends they laugh at me :( LOL! But otherwise, you did a great job!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
thanks bro......my problem is i play so many different guitars...im not reaaly in tune with my js100, as you hear in my stretching.....i heard it too....and thats what Satch is all about...those stretches mimic the human voice. That will be my main focus on the new recording,,,Thanks Alot!

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
LOL no problem. I know how it is switching between guitars. I can pull off tremendous bends on my Washburn without much problem, but I haven't quite gotten used to my new Schecter and they sound sour even though it has been setup the same as my washburn. I just need to play it more to become a little more familiarized with the NEW feel of it I think heheh.

I love my little Washburn Mercury. It is beat up but sounds and plays awesome. I'm going to tear it apart this summer, however, to replace pots and do some rewiring and I'll refinish it with some graphics maybe. I hate the prospect of it being down and having to get it all setup again, but I know it will pay off. After refinishing, it'll be down for a month until the urethane fully cures and I hate that idea :(

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
l...the js is made for a very light touch and im digging into it like a wolfgang.....big difference! Got a pic of the washburn...not too familiar....check out my website below.....i can hook ya up with some graphics..custom made...see the gs axeshredder......but i see you have a plan and thats great...if i can help. let me know...Peace Bro

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
k

hello everybody :D okay bro, i'll set up tomorrow... very nice the satch song,congratulations! so, tomorrow... grand finale! :)

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
axeshredder said:
l...the js is made for a very light touch and im digging into it like a wolfgang.....big difference! Got a pic of the washburn...not too familiar....check out my website below.....i can hook ya up with some graphics..custom made...see the gs axeshredder......but i see you have a plan and thats great...if i can help. let me know...Peace Bro
I understand completely. I have a very light touch and use 8s (string guage). Many guitarists I know will pick up my guitars and try to play something and it all comes out horribly because they are used to playing Strat style necks and heavier guage strings. What happens is that they play with such a heavy touch that they bend every note they touch out of tune and those notes that they do bend, intentionally, are bent out of tune because they are not familiar with the pressure required to bend the string.

I was having my guitars setup by, undoubtedly, one of the best Luthiers in Indiana (Greg Rezel), but he has retired :(. Ughh... what am I gonna do? LOL! Anyhow, he knew my style and touch and what I required as far as action. I require that the distance between the strings and fretboard, at the highest fret, be as minimal as possible without producing any buzzing behind the 1st fret-5th fret. And to do that with such a light guage of strings, and a Floyd Rose to boot, takes a Luthier with talent heheh.

Another reason why the Washburn sounds so great is that it is modified. It originally had a route for a mid pickup, but I don't use the mid pickup and would rather have added sustain, so that route was filled in with fiberglass (which adds weight for added sustain and tone). At the bridge, I placed a Dimarzio Evolution pickup and man that sucker is HOT! I can't get within 4 feet of a large speaker cab without some hellacious feedback heheh.

If I can get a pic of it, I'll post it, but I'll have to wait for my roomate to get back next week because he has the digital camera. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts