Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
excess to requirements
Joined
·
7,118 Posts
its a bit busy for my tastes but the singing and playing is very impressive. The delayed vocal effect is a bit too "in my face" for me I guess but as I say - this is a bloody good performance.
 

·
Da Blooze Guy
Joined
·
5,854 Posts
To paraphrase Jimi at Woodstock "We're just jammin', you can leave if you want to, we're just jammin'" Nice guitar work, I think personally a little less effects on the vocals. But good job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike4beka said:
Was that a phaser on the intro? Sounded pretty good there bud! Liked the Vox if you did those too!
No ,maybe a bit of chorus to fatten.

About the voice,who knows now with those 'super backings' floating arround lattely uh?

I did the whole thing,but the song :toothless

Glad you liked and thanks for the nice coments. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rythameen said:
To paraphrase Jimi at Woodstock "We're just jammin', you can leave if you want to, we're just jammin'" Nice guitar work, I think personally a little less effects on the vocals. But good job.
Right on man,jamming is a primal thing everybody should do.

Yes,I used kinda radiofonic tone on the vox but delay was a bit in yer face,will tam a lil'

Thanks Rythameen!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Yeah, I liked it! In your face for sure... Maybe a little remix... main guitar down a little bit, (lots of clarity on the guitar, turning it down would allow the bass and drums to be more "up" in the mix, in my opinion). This is not a put down in any way, I saved the song and really like it!

I liked that this was a different refreshing "take" on the tune. Also made me think Lenny Kravitz, for some reason... As for the delay on the vocals and AM radio sound, this is what makes the tune unique... Good Job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flashyone2 said:
I liked that this was a different refreshing "take" on the tune. Also made me think Lenny Kravitz, for some reason... As for the delay on the vocals and AM radio sound, this is what makes the tune unique... Good Job!
Thanks flashyone2,that was exactly the intention!:mix:

Glad you like!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,532 Posts
Man...this sure takes me back!!!!:woot: Exlnt rendition!!!!:jam: I was fortunate enuff to see Jimi live twice...and this really brought back some (fuzzy) memories!!!!:scratch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sgstd said:
Man...this sure takes me back!!!!:woot: Exlnt rendition!!!!:jam: I was fortunate enuff to see Jimi live twice...and this really brought back some (fuzzy) memories!!!!:scratch:
Woah,that IS something :thumbup:

Congratz and thanks !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
:afro: JIMI Dam love how you did that....stayed true to the leads but reinvented the verses HELLLLLLLL that was %#@%$#%$%@^#^ great!
DO NOT CHANGE ONE piece of this song it just rocked!!
 

·
~Free Will~
Joined
·
6,028 Posts
Seq..I'm glad you doing more singing aswel hun..I loved this very much...You did it your own way!..I will be keeping this one for my 101 collection!..
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top