1,330 Posts
nice!.. i like the way u interpreted the song..!!! its really cool heheh
queen is one of my fav bands
its great to see u can unleash ur emotion into such a kick ass song!!hehe
nice guitar work too!!! great job

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I liked your solos. Would be cool to bring the electric guitar into the song earlier and play over other parts of the song. The other thing that would make the song more dynamic is to record a live bass guitar part. Great job on the song!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ksdb said:
I liked your solos. Would be cool to bring the electric guitar into the song earlier and play over other parts of the song. The other thing that would make the song more dynamic is to record a live bass guitar part. Great job on the song!!
Just one problem with that idea - I don't have a bass! :doh:
But yeah, I totally agree. MIDI only goes so far. :grin:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Dunadan said:
Just one problem with that idea - I don't have a bass! :doh:
But yeah, I totally agree. MIDI only goes so far. :grin:
I've heard that some guitar players have had good luck playing a bass part on the electric guitar and using a pitch-shifting effect to lower the notes an octave. This can be done live or afterwards on the recorded .wav file. If you have a pedal or software that can do this, think about trying it out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ksdb said:
I've heard that some guitar players have had good luck playing a bass part on the electric guitar and using a pitch-shifting effect to lower the notes an octave. This can be done live or afterwards on the recorded .wav file. If you have a pedal or software that can do this, think about trying it out.
Aha, yeah, I've tried that with my Korg Toneworks, but the results weren't very good :(. I should try doing it with software though!

*starts hunting around in Cool Edit*

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, that was awesome. I'm a dedicated Queen fan, and that was brilliant.

Nice job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts