Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUEEN To Perform With PAUL RODGERS - Dec. 13, 2004

QUEEN guitarist Brian May has confirmed that the band will reunite for a tour with ex-FREE/BAD COMPANY frontman Paul Rodgers as their lead singer.

In a statement at his official web site, Brianmay.com, May said, "It really all came about because of the Fender 50th Anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers. We were both so amazed at the chemistry that was going on in 'All Right Now', that suddenly it seems blindingly obvious that there was something happening here".

The shows are a definite for the U.K. and Europe with the rest of the world still being considered. If eveything goes according to plan, QUEEN and Paul Rodgers will be on the road around April 2005.

The upcoming concerts are expected to feature both QUEEN and Rodgers material. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

Source: www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another thing. What about Justin Hawkins as a substitute for Freddie Mercury? I think his voice could fit with Queen music.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Justin Hawkins is a beast.:rock:

G

·
Watch out on the upcoming Tour for some Guest Appearances of Brian's "New" Guitars. There may well be his New "Green" Special that is seeing action at The Dominion Theatre (London) Tonight in a Guest Appearance during "We Will Rock You" and there is also the new Scalloped Fretboard "Red Special" that has been requested for the Rehearsals for the Tour........so keep an eye out for those two minimum.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Patrice said:
Another thing. What about Justin Hawkins as a substitute for Freddie Mercury? I think his voice could fit with Queen music.
That's the silliest thing i've ever heard.

G

·
:laugh: Seems that you weren't the only one Phil?
The "talked about" Charity Bash last year where a certain Mr Hawkins was supposed to join them on stage for a couple of numbers? The rumour was that it didn't actually appeal to a certain member of Queen.

G

·
Justin Hawkins may be able to do probably ALL of Freddie Mercury's falsetto but I think that would make the lineup a Queen tribute band, and I'm sure that's not what the participating members of Queen are after. I hope the collaboration with Paul Rodgers goes over as great as it did when he joined Jimmy Page with the FIRM, that stuff was great. "Satisfaction Guaranteed" instantly comes to mind :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts