Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Question about Elvis In Concert audio...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tuttfan 
#1 ·
Does anyone here have any idea why the end of 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' on both concerts used in the 'EIC" special have the ending spliced in from the album? I know the version used was from the Omaha show, but even on 'Candid Elvis' the ending from the album is spliced on to it. This is true also of both raw concerts as well. I always wondered why - was it cut off on both shows? Did Elvis flub them both so badly that they put that on there as a 'fix'? I always wondered why they bothered doing that doctoring on an already not great sounding bootleg to begin with - why bothering fixing just the ending of it? Does a version of those concerts exist that's untouched?

#2 ·
there are are bootleg cd and video recordings from the concert in omaha en also rapid city.

one cd is called do you think i,m nervous it contains the concert in omaha en the one in rapid city.

de video,s are the cbs footage of the concerts. i will post this for you

greetings vinnie

#3 ·
Thanks, Vinnie...

but I could've saved you some time as I have more video of the cbs concerts than I can shake a stick at. In fact, I've even made a 'remastered' version myself.
However, the soundboard you posted I hadn't seen before and it proved my point perfectly.

Listen to both "Can't Help Falling In Love" versions on there. They are completely different right up until the last time Elvis sings 'For I can't help...falling in love'....from that point on they change.

On the Omaha version, he goes for the high note octave jump on 'with', and right after it cuts to the album ending...if you've got a subwoofer going you can really tell exactly where this happens as there's suddenly tons of bass there that wasn't there a second earlier.

What happens on the Rapid City version is MORE startling when I realized what was going on. The RC version has the exact same high note octave jump from the Omaha version!!!! So, on the RC version, you don't even hear Elvis going for the high note - it's the high note from the Omaha show!!! Then, that version also cuts to the album version for the ending.

Play them back to back and you'll see what I mean.

Now, since neither the Omaha nor the Rapid City versions sound like what ended up on the album (before the album cuts in), my question is, where did the ending used on the album actually come from? Some other show? Doctored in the studio? If so, by whom? That's not Sherrill Neilson doing that ending.

Anybody know? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.