Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I downloaded a few backing tracks and they are in php format when I save them.

I can play them in windows media when I double click on them and associate them as mp3s, eventhough the program tells me that the file may play with errors.

The problem is that it's not recognized as an mp3 and therefore, I can convert it to wav format to record on it.

Many of my favorite backing tracks are in that format and I can't find a way to put them in regular mp3 files, eventhough I rename them and such. :dunno:

anyone can help me about this ??

thanks a ton !!

Simon

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Never heard of a PHP audio format? Did you try just renaming the extension from .php tp .mp3 or .wav? If that doesn't work, try opening up your multitrack program with the recording input set to "what you hear", press record and play the song in Media Player.

·
Registered
85 Posts
php is a coding language used by web developers. It's not an audio format. It's most likely been downloaded from a website having php code issues...so it renames it's download files to .php files. Do what POD_GOD said and just change the file extension to mp3 and you should be fine because it's already an mp3 file, just has the wrong extension on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.