Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Taylor 314CE and it is the only guitar that I own that does not have straplocks on it. This always gives me an uneasy feeling when I am playing it standing up, as it is my opinion that ANY instrument is worth the $15 upgrade for the extra security. Right now, the holes in my leather strap are getting really loose, as I have to take it off everytime I put the guitar away, due to the tight fitting case.

However the Taylor 314CE, as well as several other brands of electric/acoustics, has an instrument jack built within the strapknob. Does anyone have any ideas or have seen anything on the market that addresses the issue of locking a strap to that type of knob? I don't want to drill a hole in my guitar to move the input jack to free up the space for the straplock button (which is what Taylor's Customer Service suggested.)

Any of your thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vintage_Brat. Are you talking about the Lokstrap? I see that on Stew-Mac's catalog and webpage.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Strap_buttons/Lokstrap_System.html

I'll probably try that out on my next Stew-Mac order. It doesn't say it is made by Dunlop though... but I'll bet that is what you are talking about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you a neat little product that is out for your electric-acoustic guitars. I just came across a new item that works great when you are playing your acoustic unplugged, and want to make sure your strap doesn't slip off of that funky end pin.

I give you the Strap-Jack!

Pretty simple really. I'll let the pictures do that talking:

They come in black and clear:

As you can see it is very simple and it works. It snaps in and there you have it. They are cheap too, so there isn't a reason to not have a few. Sure, I've had people tell me to just use an old jack from an instrument cable, but I think that looks really tacky. So if you have an acoustic electric guitar, you might want to check one of these out! They sell them at strap-jack.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts