Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come to realize the value of a good EQ Unit. But in my search, I have become quite confused. I am looking into buying a DBX dual 15 or single 31....what is the difference? what are the 2 channels for? one channel for effects loop and the other for regular? just guessing....that is the only thing I can think of...anybody have any insight into this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anybody know when Behringer is releasing their new rack tuner?!?! I want one REALLY BAD!!! the features look awesome!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I use one with two channels- it is in my effects loop, after my signal is split into stereo by the effects processor- I run the signal out to two separate amps- a marshall 1/2 stack and a fender pro reverb, sometimes I use them both and sometimes I switch between using the two, so I eq the signal to each one differently. you could do all the eq'ing up front when the signal is mono...hmmm I haven't tried putting it there in the signal path, maybe I need to do some tinkering!!!! And BTW, I am not an expert when it comes to thses things, I just know what has worked for me. I use an ADA EQ-1.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that seems to make enough sense...so theoretically it could be used if I were to run both cabs in stereo out of my processor to make my setup a stereo cab with a seperate EQ for either cab OR it could be used to EQ before and after effects...is this all correct? are there any other possiblities that I am not thinking of?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I Use ...

I USE 2 RANE RE 27's They come with mics to room EQ pink and White noise, and have full throw sliders, and the level, bypass shit . I love them. they are 1/3 octave but only 27 band not 31. Whats a few Frequencies whenyou have a nice EQ value for the cost. I even sold my 30 and 31 band EQ's. Burt I won't Part with these unless Someone offers me a million for them. Then I'll retire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.