Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all, I'm sorry to "repost"... my original thread seemed to have died, so I started another.

For the past month or so, I've been putting my rack together. I've asked everything from what equipment to use, to what wire to connect it all. As of right now, here's how my rig stands:

Furman PM-8 II
Guitar > Korg DTR-2000 > Mesa Dual Rectifier
DBX2031 Single 31-Band Graphic Equalizer > FX Loop

All of the equipment is connected together via generic cables that I've owned since the dinosaurs walked the Earth. I will be switching to Lava Cables as soon as I scrounge up some more cheddar (thank you, to whomever, for suggesting them to me).

Now, onto the entire reason for even posting in the first place. I'm in the market for a multi-effects processor. Obviously, I prefer that it be rackmountable. Once again, I'm at a complete loss as to what to buy. Here are just a few models that I considered lookin' into:

Rocktron Xpression
Digitech Quad 4, S100, and S200
Behringer Virtualizer Pro DSP2024P
Behringer V-Amp Pro
Eventide DSP7500 Harmonizer (Well, a lesser model.)

From what I read, some of the models I've listed are mainly ideal for studio use. I won't really need it for that, but it wouldn't hurt. I mainly need multi-effects for playing out.

What I ask of you is that you possibly provide a little insight as to what equipment might be best for the job, or what I can do to my current rig to improve its sound. I hope to read some informative follow-ups. After all, I have a feeling that this will be another $400 or so out of my pocket. I want it to be a good (or at least decent) investment.

Thanks to everyone that read my previous post and helped me get to the point I am at now, and thanks to anyone else who may help me now. Everyone here has been a big help and I couldn't have set my rig up without your help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.