Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This song is loosely based around one of Rains lyrics posted in the original lyrics forum (http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27762) I think she sort of gave permission to use them and I hope she doesn't mind too much :) I made a lot of changes because I wasn't particularly comfortable singing the more ... um ... intimate lines.

The style of tune is not something I am used to playing and I really struggled to get the feel right. Hopefully it came out ok.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
I soo dont know what to say....I'm so honord to have you even consider using my lyrics...It sounds sooo amazing how it all turned out...So beautiful and touching indeed....Thank you sooo Porty...I'm soooo shocked....lol....I didnt think anyone would use them..WOW..I'm so touched....Thank you again..

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the pleasure was mine rain. Glad you liked it :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Linda and Blackstar. it is very much appreciated. But remember this is technically a collab so props to Rain too :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh wiz I thought you would have loved the nashville tuned intro :)

Seriously though thank you mate.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
point taken :) thanks mate.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
I'm still in awe over this...I feel so much joy hehe...

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This is soo totally killa, awesome guitar work and vox Goport and awesome lyrics my Mandy Love!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum This one is definetly a keeper!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Radar Rain and Jimmy - thanks. Mandy is definately a creative spirit and I am sure someone could do an original collab with the young vixen. This one pretty much wrote itself and it would be great if someone else could do more. And who better than Rain to sing it? Thats what the lyrics forum is about - Ideas for songs.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Had an almost Hendrix'eque feel about it all!
Great job on both of you.
:icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sgstd said:
This is a killer tune U2!!!:bowdown: Very impressive on all points!!! This could get radio airplay!!!:woot:
blimey thanks sgstd. I was really nervous about this one - it is so far removed form my normal playing style. thanks for the vote of confidence :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And thank you bones and Rid. The hendrix thing was a conscious effort on my part. I wanted a very loose, lazy riff/chord backing. It actually reminds me a little of black hole sun in places with the chord progression. Even more so when I added the univibe :lol:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
this is 1 of the main reasons why i love this forum with you guys thers so many great tunes
nice job to you both ;)
great tone on that solo!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts