Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there tried out the rg200g2 200 watt 2x12 combo.
I ordered one last week and was kinda skeptic about solid state
but I got it at decent price.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've heard good things about them...

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I own an old RG-50 from the 80s. Bounced and banged the shit out of it all this time and it looks like it did when I got it. Beautiful solid state clean channel...pristine. I was never big on the dirty channel but put a tube screamer in the loop and it gets down!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had just about every amp around(mesa, engl, rivera,marshall,crate,metaltronix,bogner)- but I have a rg100ht from 87 that I still come back to and just bought a rm100m tube head with the ultra, modern, recto, plexi, and the clean channel modules. I just seems randalls are timeless for sound and are built well. The eq-ing of these amps is close to the riveras I guess since the amps heritage is more close to a fender than a marshall(clean channel). distortion is close to a boogie.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It rules! not perfect but 99.9% there! nothing a parametric eq cant fix!

I still have all of my misc. amps and such and so convinced this might cure my quest for tone I'm in the process of ebaying some of it.
Whats nice about it Egnater is making modules as well. Even though all of the modules are egnater-design. This concept is really innovative and if companies just marketed modules(mesa, marshall, engl) then there would be a market for the hybrid tube amp chasis which would utilize different configurations of tubes and switchings between the two like the randall 2/50 poweramp.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ya'll I finally got the amp the other day and it defintly is loud and proud!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts