Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread was started on pure gossip that i aquired from another RR website which stated that sharon was having a affair with Randy and Ozzy had him killed. Again this was just started to see what u thought happened/ or if this story has any relevance. I apologize if this thread offended anyone i take full responsibility. Im new and im just trying to start interesting threads for u to read. Again i apologize......... please for give :icon_peac

·
Registered
664 Posts
crowley said:
sorry about the topic it wasnt meant to offend anyone. It was only a rumor that i heard , but i myself do not have any proof.

By the way thanks for closing my thread your a real cool person.
:shame:
dont blame a mod for your not being able to comprehend that that topic doesnt fit under bootlegs :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
LOL, if you're gonna be a wise guy, I'd advise you not to do so with an Adminstrator of this site.

Now I'm going to leave this thread open here, but in the future if you have an issue with me you can private message me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Guitaristic said:
his death was an accident
why did he hop on a single engine plane when the guy did not like to fly at all?? Thats the only loose hole in the story about his death. Ozzy said himself.. he was shocked when he heard he went up in a single engine plane.

Not saying it wasnt an accident.. but I would have to ask myself that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guitaristic said:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/kari.tammilehto/rrarticle.htm

plane crash. He and some guy went on a plane ride but they went too near the ground and crashed
One of the bus drivers had a pilots license (that was expired). Randy was afraid of flying, but supposedly felt that this may ease his fear of flying. Randy and Rachel (the bands hair dresser) both went on the plane.

The pilot started doing "touch & goes" on the bus tops. Touch & Go refers to what Naval & Marine pilots do to practice aircraft carrier landings. So, basically, the pilot was hitting the bus tops with the wheels of his plane.

He didn't do one too well, and the plane went out of control into a mansion that was at the airport.

:(

March 19, 1982.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Randy Rhodes - a helluva nice guy.

I was very saddened to hear of the death of Randy Rhodes. It was breaking news just after the Friday Night Rock Show (BBC Radio 1). I had met Randy in Liverpool on the afternoon of 'Blizzard of Oz's' gig at the Empire. He was a very nice , normal guy, happy to talk to anyone. He also had extremely neat handwriting as he (and the rest of the band) signed the inner label of my 'Crazy Train' single. A good memory. I've still got that single, somewhere...!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't believe that Ozzy would have done something like that. Now coming from left field, if there is a devil and Ozzy fooled around with black magic, maybe Randy was payback for Ozzy's success. I don't believe it but just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The rumors about Sharon and Randy are as old as the accident itself. Simple fact of the matter is that,at the time, Ozzy was still married to his first wife and in the process of divorce. Since Ozzy and Sharon were not married at the time, an "affair" is impossible.

They were not the only two on the plane,either. The seamstress on the tour, Rachel Youngblood, was also a passenger on the plane. Randy also had a girlfriend in LA.

No,we will never know what really happened as all parties involved were lost in the crash. Perhaps Randy was invited by Rachel and was not aware that the bus driver/pilot had been doing cocaine and had not slept that night. Speculation leads to more unanswered questions, but the one true answer is that we lost a divine talent that day, and for some the anniversary of that day is spent pondering that which could have been.

Ozzy knew Randy was the key to his solo success, and would not have cut off his nose to spite his face. It changed everything for Ozzy, and he stopped having a band, resorting to hired guns.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Tour bus driver was a certified air pilot and was giving members of the band private flights while everyone was resting up in Florida. He took up Randy and the band hairdresser, and while they were flying, the pilot thought it would be funny to fly close to the ground to scare the others. Randy asked what the hell the pilot was doing and got into a fight with him. Ozzy and Sharon were outside on the ground when they saw the plane go by, clip the side of the bus, and crash into an estate. When the authorities arrived, they were able to identify 3 bodies found at the crash site belonging to the pilot, the hairdresser, and Randy. Bad choices man - one guy has a dumbass idea to fly the plane 20 ft. from the ground and kills one of the greatest guitarists the world has ever known. If I could go back in time, I tell Randy not to get on the plane. I would've loved to see him, even just once. December 7th, 1941 - Pearl Harbor. Almost as bad as March 19, 1982 - The Day the Music Died.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.