Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to jump on the bandwagon...so here it is, oh and btw read what I wrote about it, you know about the timing differences and how its because of my mixing abilities...lol
enjoy and dont forget to rate, for those who are wondering, I've been playing for one year and am 13 years old:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/guykawkamusic.htm

·
Registered
442 Posts
sorry dude i couldnt get it to play.try uploading it to this site rather than a 3rd party :scratch:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey there..i get a "streaming error" too...i can't wait to hear the tune... :woot:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres the link again:

and man its killing me the deal with the timing issues lol, I dont want it to be an excuse, but in this case I had trouble mixing both tracks (the drums and the guitar and then on the solo guitar with the other rhythmn). Sorry guys for the TP, if its that big of deal than I will repost it tomorrow, cause I really had it done. But I'm working on One by Metallica, I almost recorded everything.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey...the link works now...your playing is very good for someone so young...very impressive...there are other young players here giving us "old" dudes a real run for the money...keep up the good work... :icon_peac

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
GuyKawka said:
heres the link again:

and man its killing me the deal with the timing issues lol, I dont want it to be an excuse, but in this case I had trouble mixing both tracks (the drums and the guitar and then on the solo guitar with the other rhythmn). Sorry guys for the TP, if its that big of deal than I will repost it tomorrow, cause I really had it done. But I'm working on One by Metallica, I almost recorded everything.
Sometimes soundclick just goes bonkers....

The timing issues really do detract from the song. What are you using to record? Can't you listen to what is there and record on another track at the same time? Whatever you are using, if you have a computer you can upgrade to something that will let you do that: audacity. There are also ones you can buy, but why?

You might also consider a 4 track recorder if you can't get your computer into the jam room. Use headphones to listen to what you already played while you record the new tracks.

If you find a way to fix this issue it will really make things much better.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
sounds like yer a bedroom play along player ;)

get yer stuff on some reasonable recording software along with some backing tracks rather than just playing along to the record.
no need to keep using yer i'm 13 yrs old thing either, you have the time to spend practicing :)

the above is supposed to be words of encouragement btw ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys, I relaly have a problem listening to what I already recorded and recording on top of it lol..

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
cool..keep on jammin:thumb:

·
Registered
327 Posts
GuyKawka said:
I decided to jump on the bandwagon...so here it is, oh and btw read what I wrote about it, you know about the timing differences and how its because of my mixing abilities...lol
enjoy and dont forget to rate, for those who are wondering, I've been playing for one year and am 13 years old:

I give you an A for effort and only being 13, I listened to a few tunes on your site... I dont know if it is just the way you are recording or if you PC cannot handle the input correctly...

But.. My .02, you have a good solid foundation of playing the guitar.. stick with it nothing wrong with your playing you just need to keep playing and practicing... but seriously invest sometime in playing with a metronome :)

When I was younger I used to put on the big headphones with a metronome and always played with it... It really helps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
megatrey, thanks for the advice. however I recorded it while playing along with the PowerTabs, and then adding the bass/drums. See that was the problem, I couldnt get the bass and drums to fit onto my recording.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GuyKawka said:
megatrey, thanks for the advice. however I recorded it while playing along with the PowerTabs, and then adding the bass/drums. See that was the problem, I couldnt get the bass and drums to fit onto my recording.
:icon_nono

This is why you need to save up for some 'nice' recording stuff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts