Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I'd have to say ....

Can't get this stuff no more (still one of my fave vh songs to date)

Me wise magic (awesome powere difinately up there with cgtsnm)

Human Being
IAT
LTS
UFB

i liked the new songs at first . but they haven't really grown much on me past that i'm quite bored of them now i'm sorry to say :(

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Stiglar said:
I'd have to say ....

Can't get this stuff no more (still one of my fave vh songs to date)

Me wise magic (awesome powere difinately up there with cgtsnm)

Human Being
IAT
LTS
UFB

i liked the new songs at first . but they haven't really grown much on me past that i'm quite bored of them now i'm sorry to say :(

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh my goodness mate,you are bored with them?What you need is VH to come to the land down under and kick some major ass!!!
I think that that would change your mind on the new songs.Hopefully!

G

·
Human Beings doesn't sound like a typical VH song but I think it is one of their better "new" songs. Me Wise Magic is my favorite. These two (and maybe CGTSNM) are the only songs that get me pumped. One thing they all have in common is that they start slow and build up to the end. For me, those type of songs are the best (VH or not)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Up For Breakfast
Humans Being
It's About Time
Learning To See
Can't Get This Stuff No More
Me Wise Magic

·
Guy who says Habutashi
393 Posts
Humans Being
Up For Breakfast
It's About Time
Learning To See
Me Wise Magic
Can't Get This Stuff No More

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
  1. Me Wise Magic - Does it get any better then this ?
  2. Humans Being - I had no idea about this song, and stumbled over it on a music video request channel when I was pissed. I've loved it ever since !
  3. Can't Get This Stuff No More - Just a great song
Okay, I have to explain why these three come first...

I played the shit outta these songs, and really connected to them. Maybe one day the new songs will have the same status, but they've got a lot of catching up to do !!!
  1. Learning To See - Fucking great song !
  2. It's ABout Time - Just good to have the boys back
  3. Up For Breakfast - Growing on me, especially with my new ears, but, sorry TJ, it's bottom of the list for me...

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I'll keep it simple. There's Me Wise Magic, and then everything else. You just don't beat or even come close to competing with that song. And it's not just good because Dave's on it, it's great because of the music first. I don't know what was wrong with Ed, but he wrote some really angry and fierce tunes right around 94-96, and was way into playing the early stuff on the VH3 tour. I really think he was tired of playing that laid back style of VH that the boys were into around the FUCK/RHRN era.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Up For Breakfast- D-
Humans Being- B
It's About Time- B
Learning To See- A
Can't Get This Stuff No More- B
Me Wise Magic- A++++++

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:
I'll keep it simple. There's Me Wise Magic, and then everything else. You just don't beat or even come close to competing with that song. And it's not just good because Dave's on it, it's great because of the music first. I don't know what was wrong with Ed, but he wrote some really angry and fierce tunes right around 94-96, and was way into playing the early stuff on the VH3 tour. I really think he was tired of playing that laid back style of VH that the boys were into around the FUCK/RHRN era.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the music but i don't know about Daves singing!
I think he tried to hard to hit the high notes.I think he just needed to be himself which i do not think he did.But the music kicked ass!!!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
chris miller said:
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he tried to hard to hit the high notes.I think he just needed to be himself which i do not think he did.But the music kicked ass!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Dave really did have the Kermit The Frog thing goin on in MWM, but the music was bad ass. It just don't get much better then that.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:
[ QUOTE ]
chris miller said:
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Dave really did have the Kermit The Frog thing goin on in MWM, but the music was bad ass. It just don't get much better then that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right on Sucka!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
now that i listen to the bov1 dave tunes again i can see what you mean about the singing in MWM .. he really struggles for some of those notes. . in can't get this stuff no more though .. i really love his vocals .. the kinda half talking stuff in the verses is real dave all over .. and the chorus is great too ... i just can't get enough of that song .. first time i heard it i'd bought bov1 on cassete at a small shop on my way to a party cause i had no tapes for my walkman and i was walking a long way to this party .. middle of summer .afternoon sun going down about 5pm. i just smile everytime i listen to some of those songs especially can't get this stuff no more and me wise magic
.. i guess i'm just a sucka for those tunes lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts