Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
lol i forgive you dude LOL . i have to agree with you really . passion and warfare and indeed pretty much all vais music is more than just a guy widdling his guitar . its an animal in its own right . glad you found the Vai Love once more duder lol :bannana_g

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
well im in agreement once more . this time with phil . passion and warfare is perfect . the zappa freaks who love the frank in vai will probably go more for flex-able or fire garden or even ultra zone . but passion and warfare coveres the most ground in my honest opinion . Vai is kinda a legend .. if not now .. then he will be soon enough . he came flying out of the whole 80's thing and managed to keep up to date without conforming to commerciality . hes Vai .. and it seems alot of people respect and love him for it . i know i do . true master of guitar and true genius of creativity . all hail Mr Vai lol:bowdown:

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
lol . simple licks ? yeah .. right .. sure :) ... Vai surpassed satch long ago . satch was like the first step for Vai .. but hes taken thousands more steps since those days . frank was alot more instrumental in creating the vai we all know than satch was . and i tell you why satch doesnt mess up as much . its cause he stands still the entire show . vai is always dancing around ... you try playing vai songs while prancing around like a lunatic and waving at the crowd mid solo . :) . you cant .. you little dummy . go and take your satch worship to the satriani part . this is for vai fans only :) . but you are 16 ... maybe i should go easy ... theres still time for you to wake up lol . i could go on and on about how i think vai is better than satch and i could prove it over n over with many different theories and facts . but when all comes to all . its preference . if you prefer satch thats fine . but dont put vai down in a vai sub forum just because you wish you could play like him and wish you were worshipped like he is ... and now i think of it . vai is the best since hendrix . i admit plenty guys can outplay vai . but they dont have his charisma .. his stage presence . his showmanship . his exceptional ear for music that nobody else on the planet has the ear for ... and its beautiful music .. its crazy music .. its wild . its energetic . its poetic ... vai's entire being to me is the modern version of hendrix ... there are better players ... but none of them were hendrix .. and none of them are vai . :) .. right phil ?

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
lol sorry rid . but nobody really offers the same thing as vai .. and that was one of my points there . there are technically better players than vai . there are also players who are maybe only better at a certain thing . but the point was .. the thing vai offers .. is unique to vai .. nobody else can give you the vai experience .. same way nobody else could really give you the hendrix experience . im not dissing other players . i love a host of guitar masters . but for me vai is a real character and a real genius .. put it this way ... if music was a meal .. then i would order a helping of vai with a side order of malmsteen and a can of danzi .. cause i love those guys .. other people might order a zakk wylde main course with a dollop of hammet cream and a drink of satriani .. see what i mean ? lol .. phil hit on it . and ive hit on it in the past numerous times .. its all preference . but this is a vai thread .. for vai fans .. we praise him .. its what the sub forum was created for lol ... :):jam:

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
i still say that satch is less prone to mistakes simply cause he tends to stand still when he plays the more intricate parts . where as vai dances around in time with his playing .. ALL of his playing . not many dudes can do that . so there may be guys technically who can play better than vai . but i would bet money not many of them can play that technically while prancing about on stage and managing to not bump in to any of the other 3 guitarists on stage (T Mac , Sheehan , Weiner and Sardinas at times lol) .

as far as im concerned people who don't like vai just dont GET him .. they dont understand what hes about . and they never will . Passion and Warfare is the height of shredd for me . shredd done excellently and used perfectly in every song and actually used differently in every song . really truly awesome stuff . there are guitar players who can play awesome blues .. there are players who can play heavy metal . there are rock gods ... there are jazz monsters ... there are neo classical blazers ... and then theres steve Vai ... the jack of all trades ... long live the king . long live Mr Vai :rock:

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
holdsworth is technically better than vai .. yes ... but is he Steve Siro Vai ? ... no hes not .. lol .. and i thats my point .. i dunno if you didn't get it .. or did get it but wanted to make a point of your own or whatever .. but holdsworth isnt vai .. he doesn't want to be .. but it equates to the same thing .. nobody is Steve Vai and nobody can offer what Vai offers .. :) . i can't say it any clearer so i wont make any more comments on this thread lol:dance: the banana has spoken

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
nope didn't miss the point at all .. but you missed mine . holdsworth isnt vai :) . this is a Vai forum :) VAI VAI VAI x10

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
if you enjoy bland and overdone boring old rock shite then good for you man keep listening to it . the more mature music fans among us will seek more intelligent forms of musical entertainment :) . you wish you could compose like vai . yay :)

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
i held back alot there man . you claim not to be bashing vai etc ? thats bullshit man . you come on a specificly VAI only forum and start saying how he just solos for 5 minutes and passion and warfare bored the shit out of you ? i am fucking desperate to call you all sorts of shit for what you just said . you listen to some bands all singing the same song with the same solo and you think its better music than a peice of genius composed instrumental work ? fucking bullshit . if you are looking for a fucking argument or looking to piss off a load of loyal super vai fans then you just did it man . be prepared .. im holding back big time .. but some people wont ... you were cool to me until you just said that man .. seriously .

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
stig ... dont give me shit . he just pretty much bashed the hell out of my idol . im not gonna take it lying down

· Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,475 Posts
you dont shoot a fucking monster in the eye and expect the motherfucker to smile at you for christs sake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.