Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
886 Posts
Passion & Warfare, for me is THE Vai album. It is just about perfect and every song offers something. I don't think he has come close to matching this album even though all his other stuff is pretty extraordinary too.

· Registered
886 Posts
I hate it when someone says X is better than Y. It's a silly argument. What is better anyway? I'm a massive vai fan but I don't think he is better than anyone else, just different. Every guitarist that has been mentioned on this thread is cool in their own way and I bet if they were put in a room together they could show each other something new and different. How old are you peavey04wolfgang? You sound rather bitter about Vai's success and feel justified attacking his playing. Let's face it, Vai has stood the test of time and is still going strong and quite frankly doesn't care about blowing anyone off stage.

· Registered
886 Posts
peavey04wolfgang said:
i am 16,

and i might sound bitter, as i'm passionate about guitar. and i hate the way guys like u fuss over vai, wenever vai is overrated, and shudnt be fussed over by ppl like u. as u said, u cud teach vai a thing or two, how come u wudnt get talked about as much? vai, is always stuck in my face, my friends always argue, how he's best since hendrix, which makes me laugh. if satch didn't teach vai, i bet vai wudnt be where he is, although vai, gets more credit, and IMO, satch is a better guitarist, also his teacher, his biggest inspiration. i guess i'm a little jealous of vai, but aren't we all? we all wana be on that stage, on the front of guitar magazines, and rockin' every venue around the world and gettin paid millions, just for doing something u love. i'll be there one day, wait and see:icon_thum
I never said I could teach Vai a thing or 2. I also don't fuss over him. Yeah I like his stuff but I have a lot of fave guitar players and depending what mood I'm in i'll change my fave player. At the moment it's paul gilbert.

Also I don't think Satriani made Vai a great guitar player, but Vai made himself a good guitar player. I rarely hear any of joe's style in his playing but I do hear a lot of Zappa. Not that i'm dissing Satriani as I think he too is awesome

and i've never seen satch make mistakes, can't say that for vai.
Well Joe does make mistakes and yes Vai does make mistakes. But that's because everybody makes mistakes at some point.

Also what exactly does Vai get more credit for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.