Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,411 Posts
Me personally, i prefer Steve over Joe. I think Joe can pull off bluesy hard rock alot better than Steve. My favourite song by Joe is 'big bad moon'. Hearing those over the top solos on a pretty standard boogie backing is awesome :rock: Have Joe and Steve ever collaborated on studio tracks together?

· Registered
1,411 Posts
dannyboy said:
i still say that satch is less prone to mistakes simply cause he tends to stand still when he plays the more intricate parts . where as vai dances around in time with his playing .. ALL of his playing . not many dudes can do that . so there may be guys technically who can play better than vai . but i would bet money not many of them can play that technically while prancing about on stage and managing to not bump in to any of the other 3 guitarists on stage (T Mac , Sheehan , Weiner and Sardinas at times lol) .

as far as im concerned people who don't like vai just dont GET him .. they dont understand what hes about . and they never will . Passion and Warfare is the height of shredd for me . shredd done excellently and used perfectly in every song and actually used differently in every song . really truly awesome stuff . there are guitar players who can play awesome blues .. there are players who can play heavy metal . there are rock gods ... there are jazz monsters ... there are neo classical blazers ... and then theres steve Vai ... the jack of all trades ... long live the king . long live Mr Vai :rock:
Exactly! When i saw him in sydney, at the end of the attitude song, Steve and Dave were jumping into each other back first and still kept playing :lol: Im convinced ill never see a better show in my lifetime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.